PDA

View Full Version : Talk 200/400/800 Issue

jono_h
20-12-2009, 22:22
Has anyone else experienced problems with the inclusive minutes on the Talk 200/400/800 packages?

I added Talk 200 to our account a while back, and have always been surpised to be charged for calls - we are not big phone users in our house.
A quick review of the year shows that we have been charged for phone calls in Jan - Sep and Dec 09. There were no call charges in Oct or Nov.

According to the call details on the bill, total call duration for Jan - Sep was less than 200 minutes a month. Dec was 234 mins so I'd expect some charges.

I appreciate I need to call Customer Services, but it is very difficult to highlight a problem as we don't have itemised billing, just the general round up of calls under 50p and itemised calls over 50p.

Have any other Customers experienced problems with the application of free minutes to their account? And have any VM people come across an issue?

Many thanks,

Jon.

nodrogd
20-12-2009, 23:28
If you still receive a paper bill, changing to fully itemised billing now incurrs no extra costs. Also VM for some time now have billed calls 'rounded up' to the nearest minute, which may be eating away at your allowance more than you think.

Flyboy
21-12-2009, 10:56
But the bill still includes the number of minutes deducted from ones allowance, irrespective of time actually spent on the phone.

Fully itemised billing, don't make me laugh.

jono_h
21-12-2009, 18:44
Well after speaking to Rahj this morning (who spoke excellent english and was very helpful) it turns out the the call summary on the bill are for calls after the 200 minutes has been used up. So rather than being "Calls since last bill" it is 'Calls since free minutes used up'

Now I am actually very sceptical that we've used 434 minutes in a month, but I'm happy to stand corrected when I see next months bill.

Flyboy
21-12-2009, 18:54
But those calls should be itemised on the bill to which they refer. I think you should ask for an itemised breakdown of how these charges are arrived at. The bill should, at the very least, tell you how many minutes you have used.

jono_h
13-01-2010, 19:31
Just a quick update. Received the first itemised bill this month, which (unsuprisingly) hasn't had the 200 minutes of free calls applied. So I'm paying £9 for 200 free minutes, but also paying for all my calls!

Just going to attempt to claim back my call charges to January 2008 - what do you think my chances are?