PDA

View Full Version : Loss of analogue

johnhhabbott
18-12-2009, 12:08
Hi, When I bought my house 4 years ago it only had cable tv as no sat dishes were allowed. But we were allowed to to have a dish that looked like a spherical outdoor light, I bought one v. exy for sky sport etc which worked reasonably well but would not pick up some channels. Up until 1st Dec all was OK I picked up analogue and sky+digital on the main set and upstairs through a standard aerial socket, analogue to my new freeview tv. Obviously now I only get digital to the main set and a Virgin announcement on analogue, no problem. But upstairs the tv which has a built in freeview receiver, when auto tuned to DTV only picks up eurosport, cbbc, and 4 and says no signal when I try to manual tune. Ive heard of senders but I think they only send the program being watched on the main set and im only interested really in watching the standard freeview ones upstairs. Any advice greatly appreciated

Dukefever
18-12-2009, 12:12
You need to buy an aerial for the DTV upstairs or subscribe to a second cable/sky box.

Duke

Kymmy
18-12-2009, 12:28
If he's got one of these

http://www.ddelec.com/digiglobe.htm

Then I'm not sure if he can get a 2nd box as I think it's only a single LNB.. A 2nd box though could probably be used via a splitter but then only if the first box is powered down and if the first box is powered up only on the same polarity and band on each box..

Dukefever
18-12-2009, 12:30
It that case then I would recommend an aerial for the DTV which can be installed in the loft space if there is a problem with installing externally.

Duke

johnhhabbott
18-12-2009, 12:45
Yes I have a digiglobe, but unfortunately I dont have a roof space!! also I did buy a powered digi aerial when I got the tv in the hope of getting more progs and got no signal from this. we are very low lying

Chris
18-12-2009, 13:01
Moved to the "Freesat and Freeview" section.