PDA

View Full Version : Cannot upload to Flickr

buckleb
13-12-2009, 19:28
For about a fortnight I've been unable to upload any photos to my Flickr account. It doesn't matter if I try with the basic uploader, the desktop application, or the java based online application, none of them work.

I have tried using my main Win7 system (Zonealarm), my Laptop (XP and Kaspersky) and my netbook (Win7 and Zonealarm) with no luck.

Today I swapped out my router, a Buffalo jobbie, for the Virgin supplied WNR2000, again it made no difference.

There are some posts on the Flickr forums from people with similar problems, and I've run all the tests suggested on those forums. Flickr maintains it is down to the ISPs of the people concerned.

I can't think of anything else that might be causing this except Virginmedia, but it does seem rather unlikely. Does anyone else have problems uploading to Flickr from Virginmedia broadband?

I'm on the 50mb service.

Thanks.

Peter_
13-12-2009, 19:32
Have you tried it using a proxy.

Proxy link.
Works fine for me, you may need to use a proxy to access the site so try this link http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34773822-post18.html

Or you can try http://www.opendns.com/

buckleb
13-12-2009, 20:26
Thanks for the info.

I already use OpenDNS (but tried the Virgin default also).

Using the proxy didn't make any difference either (I tried a couple of others too).

This suggests that it must be something at Flickr, but they are denying that possibility, as their system seems to be working fine for most of their users.

It's a puzzler.

Peter_
13-12-2009, 20:35
Can you try from a different location with a laptop.

buckleb
13-12-2009, 21:04
I'll try and upload some photos when I'm in the office next week.

Cheers.

Peter_
13-12-2009, 21:29
I'll try and upload some photos when I'm in the office next week.

Cheers.
If you call in over this issue they will just refer you to Flickr if your connection is working as it should be as its a unsupported 3rd party application.

Just posting that to save you a wasted phone call.;)

buckleb
13-12-2009, 21:52
Yes, I imagine they would, and they would be right :)

I can upload to Photobox just fine, so it has to be Flickr, no matter what they say!

Peter_
13-12-2009, 21:54
Yes, I imagine they would, and they would be right :)

I can upload to Photobox just fine, so it has to be Flickr, no matter what they say!
You may have noticed but it could be me on the other end of the phone saying it.

It will be one of those issues that suddenly resolve themselves.