PDA

View Full Version : Very Slow speeds in the Burnley area

gkh030176
13-12-2009, 10:42
Hi all,

Currently experirncing very slow speeds with my 10mb VM connection (previously NTL customer)

I have done a few tests on speedtest.net. Best so far has been 0.30

I have checked the service status page and apart from the National issue with webmail nothing else is reported for around our area.

Also reset the modem a few times with no joy.

I haven't phoned CS yet as I thought I would ask if anyone knew of any issues which might be causing this.

It's probably not traffic shaping related as I have been away all week and the connection won't have been used in that time.

Any thoughts??

Sephiroth
13-12-2009, 10:52
PATHPING www.bbc.co.uk

Would tell us where the bottleneck occurs.

And to eliminate your modem from the equation, modem stats (192.168.100.1 with UN/PW = root) would be helpful. If you've reset your modem, then we've lost the key event logs, but show us these anyway.

faisalabadi
13-12-2009, 16:50
Hi all,

Currently experirncing very slow speeds with my 10mb VM connection (previously NTL customer)

I have done a few tests on speedtest.net. Best so far has been 0.30

I have checked the service status page and apart from the National issue with webmail nothing else is reported for around our area.

Also reset the modem a few times with no joy.

I haven't phoned CS yet as I thought I would ask if anyone knew of any issues which might be causing this.

It's probably not traffic shaping related as I have been away all week and the connection won't have been used in that time.

Any thoughts??

Im in Burnley too mate and im too using a 10mb but my internet speed is working fine maybe its a problem with your modem.
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/12/40.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

gkh030176
13-12-2009, 18:02
Thanks for the responses guys.

All is well in internet land now.

Turns out a member of my family had been messing about with the wires round the back of the Tv where the modem is located. One of the cables was loose. Tightened it up and it now works fine.

Cheers anyway

faisalabadi
13-12-2009, 22:05
Wer abouts in Burnley are you from.