PDA

View Full Version : Dogdy install/trespass etc

shepherdess
12-12-2009, 17:11
Today I received a call from a neighbour stating there was a man in my garden messing with the box on the wall.

On making an emergency trip home, I was told virgin media had been in there. I called them to comaplain about them being on the property without checking it was ok by me first but was told I would have to speak to an install manager. A return call a few minutes later and I was told he would not speak to me as I had not had a new install.

A few minutes later, the engineers that fit the underground cabling turned up so I gave them a rolicking. It seems VM couldn't wait for them to do their job and instead rigged up next doors tv to my box. These installation engineers told me this is illegal.

Now there are already two cables running from it that have been cut off but are still wired in, one on each side of the house. There is a third half way round going into my stair cupboard, a fourth to my TV and the fifth which has been losely laid across the garden through the fence and fixed to a nice secure box on the neighbours wall...The box on my wall, containing all these wires which are quite frankly a mess, is held shut with a stick!!!

My dog uses the front garden, but as she is a monster digger and chewer, I have had to cover the wires with wheely bins and I now have to stay with her at times.

I have reported the trespass to the police but am unsure where to go from here.

To top it all, I had to give my personal details over before VM would tell me if I could speak to the intall manager, which I cant.

What next?

v0id
12-12-2009, 21:17
I assume since they have already installed services to your property that they have a wayleave inplace, so like the gas/water/leccy bods can come and tat with their omni box anytime they want.

MovedGoalPosts
12-12-2009, 22:25
The Wayleave it to allow service to your property and that is all.

If there is to be service via one property to another there needs to be an Easement. That is another legal entity entirely as it affects the title to the property.

Without the Easement being in place a tresspass has occured. The cables serving the neighbouring property from the other must be removed. If you want good neighbourship with next door then don't cut them off immediately but tell them they must get it resolved by Virgin Media within 7 days, or you will be removing cables forthwith.

It's a civil matter so the police will take no interest in it.

You can send a recorded delivery letter to Virgin Media (the address on your bill would be enough) requiring their removal of the cable.

shepherdess
13-12-2009, 20:06
I wouldnt upset the neighbours, its not their fault.

I have been ignored by virgin media so far but will call again in the morning.

I appreciate the extra info on Easement as I have no doubt they will try to persuade me I have got it wrong.

I hate VM....