PDA

View Full Version : Question About PS2 Sound Cable

Meteora
09-12-2009, 04:42
I remember about 6 years ago, I wanted to make my PS2 sound output a lot better than what I was getting from my TV, and I know my computer speakers were capable of much better sound than my tv so I experimented a bit, and put the PS2 AV sound cables (white and red plugs) into the back of my computer speakers (I was ignorant back then). My computer speakers on the back have 2 input slots, one output, and one that says "to left speaker" for the other speaker. From what I remember I experimented and put the white, and red ps2 AV sound cable in all of these places just to see what I would get.

By the end of the day, though, I noticed this experiment damaged the source of the sound, which was my PS2. I know this because when I hooked my PS2 back up to my TV, and to the family TV, the sound was scratchy and horrible...

I guess this isn't a smart thing to do considering an AV jack and a headphone/computer jack are completely different and require a converter/adapter like this:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1258/1031744wg3.jpg

I am just wondering, does my situation sound normal? Should the source (be it a PS2, Xbox or Gamecube) run the risk of getting damaged (sound-wise) for putting its sound plugs in the wrong place?