PDA

View Full Version : Constantly under 1Mb speeds

Dingles
09-12-2009, 01:01
Hey guys, I've had an issue for around 60 days now (60 days of which BT have been attempting to fix it).
So here's the quick story:
I had my net dropping randomly to 1-3Mb throughout the day, it'd suddenly pop to 6Mb here and there. BT sent two OpenReach guys out and apparently the connection from here to the exchange is fine, 20-30 days in they sent another OpenReach guy as they were getting no where - same thing "no errors detected". At the 20-30 day point my net drops to around 0.30Mb in speed, BT say there's an issue at the exchange and send engineers to fix the capacitors as they could of been overheating - 10 days later nothing fixed still. I got pretty fed up and thought it was just an issue with BT all together, I switched to Virgin.

Earlier today we had our line activated and the problem is still here, I understand it takes time for the line to balance out and well hard facts I've heard from Virgin not being able to raise a fault as I'm not 10 days past my activation.

It is now well and truly driving me crazy, I really don't know what else it could be - I asked Virgin for a quick diagnostics and they said the line was fine. We're still on a BT land line and I phoned them up for a diagnostics and they also say our line is fine.

I've tried multiple routers, different cables etc - different systems and still only these crap speeds.

Speedtest info (http://www.speedtest.net/result/646796552.png)

BT Speedtester results:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 321 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7000 Kbps