PDA

View Full Version : Installation in a small block of flats+house

karlscomputer
08-12-2009, 06:35
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of converting a building into 3 flats and constructing a new house. I would like to have cable TV prepared whilst doing the renovation work to ensure the cables are hidden in the walls and to avoid any disruption once the flats/house are let/sold. I would like to do this without having to sign up to any tariff since I want to leave that choice to the tenants/purchasers. Is this possible, and would there be any costs attached for just "fitting the wiring"?

Thanks

Karl

jungleguy
09-12-2009, 22:35
it is possible, you need to get some local help. try this form.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/ctv/your-details.do

karlscomputer
10-12-2009, 08:02
Thanks jungleguy,

that's useful advice. I emailed the virgin support team and so far all they've done is ask me for my account details.........which of course I don't have as I'm not yet a virgin user!

jungleguy
10-12-2009, 08:22
did you fill out that form?

Motorman
10-12-2009, 09:47
Karl
1st question does VM run past the property? is there a connection outside (a swept tee)?

its doubtful VM will layout for cables and send a tech round to install if there is no contract being signed. They just dont raise work orders 'just in case' someone wants to sign up.
Possibly the best way is to install telephone cables and sockets where you want them, and run them to where the cable will come into the house.
Also the same for digi and BB. check what cable you will need (rj11?) and run the cables internally yourself (or get the sparky to do it)
again to be fed from where the omni box will go.

once your tenants are ready get them to fill in the 'click to visit' form that jungleguy posted. spotter visit will be required to verify the flats and he can then amend the icoms database and get the orders loaded and arrange install for your tenants.