PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Issue

djdta
03-12-2009, 13:39
I am a 20mb Virgin media customer. This is fairly long so apologies for length, I am just wishing for answers/solutions

Myself and my family use the internet on a daily basis with sometimes up 3/4 ppl online at the same time. Obviously this sometimes leads to the internet being slow. We decided to try and upgrade to the 50mb service. We ordered everything paid the fees etc on the phone and had an installation date 3weeks down the line.

2days after the internet died. After numerous attempts to restart and check lines all connected etc we called virgin tech desk. They checked the line and found that our 20mb connection had been terminated and the 50mb activated. The modem in use had obviously failed and we were without internet due to this. We asked why was activated before installation etc and was met with "this is how its always done". We eventually after a number of hours trying to sort etc getting our 50mb cancelled and them reactivating the 20mb. If this had not been done we would have been without internet until the new 50mb modem etc was installed.

Going back to 20bm was done but the modem was faulty due to earlier issue and we required a replacement.

Now we do not see us being left without internet for 2weeks good service especially if were looking to pay more and upgrade. Virgin cannot gaurentee that if we do upgrade that the 50mb connection will not be activated a few weeks in advance. Meaning the internet will go down again and we will be without connection until the 50mb install.

Now I ask is it not normal for a company to continue giving you the same service (i.e. 20mb) until your upgrade has been installed? This would mean we do not have to wait a few weeks without the internet as it has been activated without being installed.

To leave someone with net for extended periods seems completely unreasonable.

As mentioned above 50mb seems the way to go with our demand in internet usage which leads me to a solution. Does Virgin or any other provider allow 2x internet connections to 1 property. So 1x20mb to upstairs and 1x20mb connection to downstairs. Yes we are willing to pay for install and the extra connection. Would this be possible?

Thanks for time in reading, again I apologise for length.

Thank you

BenMcr
03-12-2009, 13:42
Now I ask is it not normal for a company to continue giving you the same service (i.e. 20mb) until your upgrade has been installed?Yes it is, including with Virgin. Anyone who has said different is a little bit confused!

Would this be possible?No

on in an hour!
03-12-2009, 17:22
your 20meg service should continue right up until the time the tech puts your new 50meg modem on at your house and rings to provision it,then he should prove your speed on the VM speedtest website ;)