PDA

View Full Version : Lied To About Price

Sibbo
01-12-2009, 08:17
I was on the 10MB service for ages when my son and I used the Internet via 2 different PC's. Now my daughter has a Laptop for Christmas, and will also be going online. For this reason I thought about upgrading to the 50MB service. I rang Virgin Media to enquire about the price as it wasn't too clear on their website what it would be for a current customer to upgrade (I have TV, Telephone and 10MB Broadband services). I was told that it would cost me £10 per month more than my current package. I thanked him for the information, and said I would think about it as it seemed like a good deal. As he thought he was losing a possible 50MB customer, he said I could upgrade to the 20MB service immediately if I wished. I declined and thanked him again. About a week or so later, I decided to go for it, and rang VM again. This time I was told that it would only cost me £1-50p per month more to upgrade. I was staggered, so queried this, and said that I had recently been quoted £10, but the lady stated, "No, if you upgrade today, it will only cost you £1-50p per month more". This was outstanding, so went ahead and booked the upgrade.

Two days ago we received notification that our bill was available online. When we looked it stated that they were charging us £45 per month, which is £20 per month more than my previous speed. I cannot possibly afford this price, and if I had been told this at the start, I would not have upgraded. I have just phoned up VM, and told them what has gone on, and I am currently waiting for VM to call me back.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE
I was told that they would call me back within 90 minutes (last night), but they haven't!! :mad:

RobboEdin
01-12-2009, 11:03
In order to have this explained to you, it is necessary for you to post on here the detail of your Advance Charges from your before and after bill.

You have to realise that BB L ALWAYS shows on the bill as £25 and BB XXL ALWAYS shows on the bill as £45. The explanation is in the DISCOUNT you received before and after the upgrade.

Please post this information and I'm sure someone can help you understand whether you have been incorrectly advised and billed.

Sibbo
01-12-2009, 11:20
The advance charges section on my current bill states:
Line Rentsl:£11
Phone, TV, B'Band, Xl, XXL Discount £-18.50
4p Plan: £0.00
TV Size XL: £23.00
XXL 50MB Broadband: £45.00
Is that it?

zing_deleted
01-12-2009, 11:36
yeah its VMs bull crap billing. You have to take the discount off the price although it still doesnt equalt the £28 quid XXL is meant to cost think perhaps there is a £1.50 discount off your TV to so you are actually being priced £21.50 for TV and £28 for XXL.

As I keep on saying VM seriously need to do something about this

Sibbo
01-12-2009, 11:59
yeah its VMs bull crap billing. You have to take the discount off the price although it still doesnt equalt the £28 quid XXL is meant to cost think perhaps there is a £1.50 discount off your TV to so you are actually being priced £21.50 for TV and £28 for XXL.

As I keep on saying VM seriously need to do something about this

Agreed mate. Why the hell don't they just put the amount you are paying? At the end of the day, all the customer is interested in is the bottom line. Forget all the BS about discounts etc!

TheDon
01-12-2009, 12:01
can you post the advanced charges from your previous bill as well?

Sibbo
01-12-2009, 12:29
can you post the advanced charges from your previous bill as well?

Broadband size L: £25.00

BenMcr
01-12-2009, 12:40
So you were paying £59, you are now paying £60.50. That is £1.50 more

zing_deleted
01-12-2009, 13:08
Agreed mate. Why the hell don't they just put the amount you are paying? At the end of the day, all the customer is interested in is the bottom line. Forget all the BS about discounts etc!

its so they can scam you later down the line. In the small print you will find that if you drop any other services standard prices will be charged.

For example if you drop your TV package you will then be charged ( ripped off) the princely sum of £ 45 for XXL BB

IMO its a diabolical business practice but I imagine as long as you are out of contract you could get out of it by canceling and opening a new contract with the advertised prices.

The reason I call it a rip of is if I was to order just XXL BB and Phone I would pay £28 + 11 line rental
If I order XXL BB @ £28 + 11 line rental and and XL TV @ £23 or £21.50 or whatever then a year later drop the TV I would be expected to pay more than someone with just XXL BB and phone. Diabolical

RobboEdin
01-12-2009, 15:11

QED

bonzoe
01-12-2009, 19:51
Amazing!!

Sephiroth
01-12-2009, 20:59

I hate it when Ben gets it right!

AHN-David
01-12-2009, 21:10
I dont think he said about his discount he got before

Broadband size L: £25.00

Is what I am on and I get - £13 discount.

BenMcr
01-12-2009, 21:16
That's the point, he didn't get a discount before