PDA

View Full Version : Sky HD was installed on Saturday...

ShadowTD
30-11-2009, 09:39
and my word there's a lot of HD content! New Pace box was delivered with the new EPG and runs at a pretty decent clip. I won't be using it for much longer as I'll be integrating into Media Center but it's not a bad bit of kit for the time being. But look at all the shiny programs!

ShadowTD
15-12-2009, 10:19
Well, I've got it hooked in to MCE now and my sleep issues are (hopefully) behind me. I've got about 200 channels mapped (out of 545) - all the essentials for the time being. It's a hella PITA but my lord is it worth it for the flexibility. Plus, the interface is *lush*.

VM should start offering cablecards like the US providers.

BenMcr
15-12-2009, 10:32
Since when have you legally been able to buy a DVB-S card for a PC that decrypted Sky?

ShadowTD
15-12-2009, 16:05
Well, it's a *smidge* of a grey area ;) Have a look on AV Forums, but basically I'm using a Dreambox to read the $ky card and run a (local only) card server. This is read by Acamd on the HTPC which plugs in to DVBLink TV Source - a virtual tuner interface for MCE. It's come on leaps and bounds in the last few months and is now pretty stable. This is the only way to watch Sky HD in MCE as the Dragon CAMS don't work with the new white card.

Before anyone leaps on me from a great height, this info is freely available on AVF and they have a hella strict policy on naughty stuff. None of this would be an issue if Murdoch actually complied with the EU regulations and provided a legitimate CAM but hey ho. I'll understand if there's a need to delete this post though!