PDA

View Full Version : VM 50Mb Install Sunday

JonnyHomer1987
27-11-2009, 19:16
Having my 50Mb BB installed Sunday (between 8 and 1), but I'm a little worried after reading this forum as I was hoping they would install the BB in the front bedroom.
Currently we have BB installed downstairs but being as all the PC's are upstairs it would be better upstairs as I could hardwire everything in rather than wireless.
But after reading some things on here I understand they aren't very keen on going up ladders any more lol, I did ask on the phone about the room change and they said its fine, I even asked when I got a call to confirm the install but I don't think I mentioned I wanted it upstairs.

buckleb
27-11-2009, 19:59
All the Virgin vans I've seen have a ladder on top, so they must get used!

I had my broadband installed upstairs with no problems or grumbles from the installer who did a nice neat job. That was a number of years ago (1Mb from Telewest), but I doubt they've forgotten how to use ladders in the meantime.

fatassmichael
27-11-2009, 20:00
Welcome to the forum JonnyHomer, when i had a second tv box installed in my bedroom, the installer drilled from inside to the out, running the cable from inside the room to the omni box, maybe if you ask them to do it that way? also have tea and biccies, usually works a treat!

JonnyHomer1987
27-11-2009, 21:09
I never even thought of doing it from the inside out lol:rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome and the idea haha.

martyh
27-11-2009, 21:14
i'd be more worried about him turning up on sunday ,i was told they don't do sunday installs when i booked mine

JonnyHomer1987
27-11-2009, 21:23
i'd be more worried about him turning up on sunday ,i was told they don't do sunday installs when i booked mine

I think you were lied to :(.

I didn't think they did at first, so I rang and double checked today and its all booked, then later this afternoon I got a confimration call for Sunday, I don't know if its just for the 50Mb installs though, I've read a few posts on here from people who have had Sunday installs but can't remember what for.

Peter_
27-11-2009, 22:37
Engineers are available for Sundays when we are busy and installs are being done as well as fault calls.

csf04
28-11-2009, 12:15
Make sure you have parking available for the Engineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr!!!

Trust me, on this one.

jungleguy
29-11-2009, 10:58
For the record, Service Techs have ladders on top of their vans, installers have a fold up ladder inside the boot and nothing on the roof. But there does seem to be a regional variation, so maybe your area is run differently.

JonnyHomer1987
29-11-2009, 14:09
Well! Its been installed, the guy was pretty good installed where I wanted etc. and he did a speed test on Virgin's site before he left that was saying 48Mb, as soon as he went I tested myself and I'm getting between 7 - 35Mb :(.

I've been using speedtest.net and my usenet connection to test the speed, I have tried to ring Virgin but I'm just stuck on hold, any ideas?

BTW I'm wired and the speed goes up and down the same through the router as it does connected to the modem.

Peter_
29-11-2009, 16:29
Well! Its been installed, the guy was pretty good installed where I wanted etc. and he did a speed test on Virgin's site before he left that was saying 48Mb, as soon as he went I tested myself and I'm getting between 7 - 35Mb :(.

I've been using speedtest.net and my usenet connection to test the speed, I have tried to ring Virgin but I'm just stuck on hold, any ideas?

BTW I'm wired and the speed goes up and down the same through the router as it does connected to the modem.
Click on this link for the speedtest we use http://www.virginmedia.com/testmyspeed/manual.php

If you are still not happy then click here and post your Downstream and Upstream power levels only do not post your MAC address.

http://192.168.100.1/

The 50Mb support line number is 0800 052 0431 ring tomorrow morning after 0800.