PDA

View Full Version : Four month installation date for V+?

DrRob
26-11-2009, 16:26
I'm been a customer of VM's for several years. I recently decided I wanted to have a V+ box and rung up to have one installed but was told I would have to wait until March for that unless I had "extra services".

Does anyone know what that is all about? It sounds like the usual thing of treating new customers like kings and existing customers like dirt. Is this right?

I'm currently waiting on a supervisor to call me back. I know all about that one and will call them again later today.

v0id
26-11-2009, 16:39
I'm sure if you spoke to Sky and could get a Sky HD installation sooner, Virginmedia would magically find an earlier appointment

jungleguy
29-11-2009, 11:08
I recon that was sales trying to get more services out of you. Sounds like absolute rubbish. Was it a UK call centre?

webcrawler2050
29-11-2009, 11:25
I'm been a customer of VM's for several years. I recently decided I wanted to have a V+ box and rung up to have one installed but was told I would have to wait until March for that unless I had "extra services".

Does anyone know what that is all about? It sounds like the usual thing of treating new customers like kings and existing customers like dirt. Is this right?

I'm currently waiting on a supervisor to call me back. I know all about that one and will call them again later today.

Sounds like complete and utter tosh. Ring sales again

DrRob
29-11-2009, 15:19
I have rung three times and got through to the Phillipines call centre each time. The first time I had an argument with them about the cost which is a lot more if you're an existing customer. I rang off before we could start talking about an installation date.

The second and third times they both said the installation date was March. The second one said something about extra services but she wasn't very clear what she meant by that.

Perhaps I should call the number for new customers?

Ben B
29-11-2009, 15:23
Ring 150 and select the Thinking of Leaving option and tell them the problems you've had with the Sales team stating you need to take out additional services to get an earlier date and I'm sure it will be sorted

jungleguy
29-11-2009, 18:34
Manilla.... I should have guessed.

DrRob
29-11-2009, 20:49
I've had to pull the Thinking of Leaving card so often that I'm worried they will call my bluff!

Ben B
29-11-2009, 21:30
If it's only to get a sooner install date then it shouldn't be a problem

Motorman
12-12-2009, 10:49
its the same in other areas too. Apparently its a nationwide issue.
For cross-sell customers the install window can be as much as 3 months.
Its because the sales figures look better with lots of new customer gross additions. upgrades have always took 2nd place.

this is totally unacceptable and virgin media should be focussing on install windows. Unfortunatley they are reliant on contractors who are unable to provide the required levels of service.

So until this situation gets resolved there are plenty of customers either not taking up the service (due to extended lead time) or are having to wait in excess of 31 days for install. sux
And for x-sell customers up to 90 days. sux big time.

Good job quickstart is available for some customers. have you ever tried to register one. sux

DrRob
14-12-2009, 10:19
When I upgraded my broadband, they sent an engineer to fit it. Didn't really need one although when he came to register it over the regular customer services number he ran into the same trained monkeys that we work with and ended up having to call someone else - not an option I would have had.

VM really are rubbish to their customers.

wayland2002
14-12-2009, 23:24
We've just bought a HDTV and have decided to have V+HD. The intention was to have it so that we could watch HT programmes over Christmas.
Unfortunately the earliest installation slot VM can offer is half way through January (and all they've got to do is swap a box over, I could do it my self).

Sky reckon they could do a full installation in about a week. I'm really tempted to tell VM to stick it and go with Sky.

Digital Fanatic
15-12-2009, 11:14
We've just bought a HDTV and have decided to have V+HD. The intention was to have it so that we could watch HT programmes over Christmas.
Unfortunately the earliest installation slot VM can offer is half way through January (and all they've got to do is swap a box over, I could do it my self).

Sky reckon they could do a full installation in about a week. I'm really tempted to tell VM to stick it and go with Sky.

From what I can gather we are going to start self installs (Quick-start) of V+ soon. So it will just be a case of sending the box out by courier with a set up pack.

newbie1001
15-12-2009, 12:13
Ordered Sky HD last Thursday it is due to be installed this Friday could have had it sooner but phone line not due to be activated until Wednesday. Should be fully back up and running within 2 weeks of Virgin restricting my service (Phone,Broadband and TV). Will miss my 20MB service but to be honest didn't really use it that much to justify sticking with Virgin, 3-4MB is plenty for me.

wayland2002
15-12-2009, 15:15
From what I can gather we are going to start self installs (Quick-start) of V+ soon. So it will just be a case of sending the box out by courier with a set up pack.

Not soon enough though is it.

While VM are messing around thinking about it people like me are leaving to go with Sky. For less money I can get a quicker install and nearly 30 more HD channels.

As for self installation I'll just reinstall it properly once the engineer's gone anyway. I don't really want a contractor messing with my expensive A/V equipment and telling me what I can and can't connect it to. When we had VM installed originally the engineer disconnected my DVD recorder from the TV and told me I wasn't allowed to use it with cable.

VM's customer service is next to none existent, it's time they realise that the customer is always right.
In a recession you'd think they'd be more worried about loosing people.

wayland2002
16-12-2009, 15:04
Update

Spoke to VM today to tell them the installation time was unacceptable, was told that the minimum wait was four weeks. So I informed them I was going to switch to Sky, within two minutes they had found an installation slot on Christmas Eve.......................... unfortunately we aren't available at all that day.

So that's how it currently stands,

wayland2002
16-12-2009, 18:16
Next update

The threat to leave doesn't work. They are disconnecting us in the next couple of hours.

Too late to get Sky now before Christmas.

Digital Fanatic
16-12-2009, 18:24
Next update

The threat to leave doesn't work. They are disconnecting us in the next couple of hours.

Too late to get Sky now before Christmas.

It's a shame you couldn't get anyone to be at home on Xmas eve (I bet that slot has gone now anyway)... I always advise against threatning to leave unless you actually will and have plans with another provider.... I'd call back and stop the disconnection, the last thing you need is a Xmas without your TV.

Peter_
16-12-2009, 18:49
Callback and stop the cancellation unless you want to have to go to ASDA or similar to get a Freeview box so as to have any TV over Christmas.

on in an hour!
16-12-2009, 19:08
sneaky way round would be to book a fault call (which you will get in the next few days) then when fault tech turns up tell him you want to upgrade to V+,he can raise the order via a dedicated sales line.

he will book it for next available slot but this wont matter because he can just pull it forward,get it sent to his PDA,do the migration there and then and roberts your fathers brother.

he gets an upsell incentive payment and extra points for his days work,you get your V+.

forgot to tell you to create a fault yourself,you may get charged £35 call-out but hey,im sure it'll be worth it.;)

wayland2002
16-12-2009, 19:31
Hmmmmm, just ask for the cancellation to be reversed. They've agreed (then disconnected the service) but they can't honour the V+ offer they made before. Installation and everything will be back to full price.

newbie1001
16-12-2009, 19:56
How did you get disconnected so quickly when did you give notice. You must be in a busy area for Sky they could fit me in anytime within a few days

wayland2002
16-12-2009, 20:10
Disconnection took about four hours (when I moved house a couple of years ago disconnection took place while I was still on the phone).
The disconnection happened while my wife was on the phone asking to reverse the request. I suspect that was deliberate so that they could charge us full price for the upgrade "as we were not eligible for any offers".

Sky just said not before Christmas, so no more advantage over Virgin really.