PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Call problem

Welshchris
26-11-2009, 13:38
For a few weeks now ive had an intermittant problem that ONLY incoming calls remain active on the line even when the person has hung up the other end. For example Virgin Media rang me yesterday to discuss an ongoing problem and i ended the call my end yet she rang me to say that i hadnt hung up and the call was still active on her line and when i tried ringing out low and behold i could still hear her voice on the line even tho i had ended the call.

I have tried a different phone as i have a BT Dect and tried a standard wired phone and it did the same thing earlier to a call to my mum.

What could be the cause of this?

SnoopZ
26-11-2009, 13:49
I'd book an engineer.

Welshchris
26-11-2009, 13:59
OH NO!! Anything but that lol

SnoopZ
26-11-2009, 14:03
When you phone up they should be able to do some tests their end, but it does look like you need an engineer.

Welshchris
26-11-2009, 14:13
Snoopz last time i had a landline problem this is what happened...

The phone was dead, no dialtone, no incoming or outgoing calls... I rang and explained this fact to the support team only to be asked "Are u telephoning us from the number now?"

I felt like just hanging up and knocking my head against a wall.

SnoopZ
26-11-2009, 14:15
Snoopz last time i had a landline problem this is what happened...

The phone was dead, no dialtone, no incoming or outgoing calls... I rang and explained this fact to the support team only to be asked "Are u telephoning us from the number now?"

I felt like just hanging up and knocking my head against a wall.

haha good luck phoning up next time! but i'd do it now as it's obvious you got a problem with it.

Boaz
26-11-2009, 15:17
I've the same problem as you and can't phone out neither. It was working on Tuesday, not sure about yesterday but it's still out today.
Will it be expensive to phone VM on my mobile? I'm with O2 for my mobile.

SnoopZ
26-11-2009, 15:23
I've the same problem as you and can't phone out neither. It was working on Tuesday, not sure about yesterday but it's still out today.
Will it be expensive to phone VM on my mobile? I'm with O2 for my mobile.

When i had that problem they phoned me back on my mobile.

Boaz
26-11-2009, 15:48
Thanks for letting me know. :) Will give them a ring then.

joglynne
26-11-2009, 15:59
Or you could post your problem for free on the VM support newsgroups. Using the group virginmedia.support.telephony

They do seem to ask you to check your phone line first by using only the one phone, unplug any extensions, and to try a different phone, borrow a neighbours. :)

Boaz
28-11-2009, 16:42
It turns out that the box at the end of the street was open and the rain got in. VM were out within two hours and fixed my phone, well pleased.

joglynne
28-11-2009, 17:46
Nice result Boaz. :)