PDA

View Full Version : 10meg - slow 20meg better?

Notebook64
25-11-2009, 16:00
Hi
Noticed since stopped working shift, the speed of the net on my 10 meg connection goes to about 1 meg tea time till midnight.
Phoned up with might leave story - told to go up to 20meg as this doesnt dip around this time.
not happy as paying for 10 meg - anyway will this make any difference at these times?

also whats the score with 50meg - does this dip at tea time?

thanks
Nick

Milambar
25-11-2009, 16:04
I'm on 20meg, I get an average of 16meg, and it dips to around 8meg at tea-time. So yeah, it dips, but doesn't seem to dip as badly as yours is.

M41 area.

Notebook64
25-11-2009, 16:12
cheers Milamber
anyone else?

Sephiroth
25-11-2009, 17:23
cheers Milamber
anyone else?

You should ask why the 20Mbps service in your area doesn't dip at peak time.

If your 20 Mbps shares the 50 Mbps path and if the latter is not oversubscribed in your area, you'll get a better service. But you'll want to know that.

If your 20 Mbps will still run over the legacy path, then there'll be no change but you'll pay more. So get the retentions people to tell you why you'll get better results (You won't get 20 Mbps @ peak time), get the person's name and send an e-mail to CS stating that your upgrade relies on the statements made by the representative (which you need to repeat).

Hope that all makes sense to you.

Notebook64
25-11-2009, 17:34
You should ask why the 20Mbps service in your area doesn't dip at peak time.

If your 20 Mbps shares the 50 Mbps path and if the latter is not oversubscribed in your area, you'll get a better service. But you'll want to know that.

If your 20 Mbps will still run over the legacy path, then there'll be no change but you'll pay more. So get the retentions people to tell you why you'll get better results (You won't get 20 Mbps @ peak time), get the person's name and send an e-mail to CS stating that your upgrade relies on the statements made by the representative (which you need to repeat).

Hope that all makes sense to you.

CS?

Milambar
25-11-2009, 17:42
CS = Customer Service :p

Notebook64
25-11-2009, 17:59
cheers
they said it would not be a 12 month contract - just month notice - again if I take it will take your advice.
cheers
Nick