PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media dont care about us at all. 20mbit/sec BIG PROBLEM

redforest
23-11-2009, 20:34
Hi everybody
This is my second post on this forum and i think the last one, cause i have really enough of listening ppl which I think even did not finish the schools.
I am customer since 4 years, and Yes since 1 of November Ive bin rally glad which VirginMedia and i remember how I advise this company in every corner around me. YES!!! YOU get many customers because my advise!!!
Since 1 of November my 20mbit/sec (<----joke) connection become an 96kbit/sec modem from years 95.
I remember on the peak time constant ping 7ms. What happening right now. Look!!

This the ping to www.virginmedia.co.uk

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1396/ping123.jpg

This is the tracert to www.virginmedia.co.uk

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8215/tracert123.jpg

This is the speed result from www.speedtest.net

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2848/speedtest123.jpg

This is the ping result from this same www.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9113/pingtest123.jpg

This is the opinion about my connection from this same www.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1978/pingtest2123.jpg

After 17 calls to customer service Ive been disconnect 15 times when Virgin machine pull me through all of the options so I can speak which any of technician. = around 40pounds on my bill.
After first post (Very thanks to one of the Virgin member because he really try to help me) i spoke which one lady in customers service. Hmm. She told me my connection is really all right and I am losing packets cause my firewall. LOL!!! My firewall is off. My windows is fresh. I have nothing working on my background. My modem is directly connect to my pc. After midnight my connection is perfect but on the peak time all the online software is impossible to use. SKYPE!!! Not working corectly!!! Any games are unplayable. If you wont even use google you have to wait 10 to 20 sec to get results. LOL my mobile working faster!!!
And also I wont say VERY THANKS for this lady which i use to speak cause she put me on the hold for 25min and never come back to me.
WTF!!!!! Already trying to speak nicely which Virgin customer service cost me about 60 pounds. Who give me this money back. But if You did not pay your bill on time you will get 10 pounds fine and disconnection.
I guess my computer don like me at all and working perfectly only after midnight till late afternoon when I am sleeping or working.
What I know for 100% is!!! You don't care about customers but You care about money that means we are just a cows for You which giving milk.

Right now I believe you even don't wont try to sort it out.
Everything happening In TW4 Hounslow area in London.
AND I AM READY TO RAPORT THIS TO WATCH DOG.

PS. 3 mobile USB net is much faster like 20mbit/sec DSL cable connections!!!
AND DON'T FORGOT TO PAY YOUR HUGE BILLS CAUSE YOU WILL GET 10 POUNDS FINE.

MANY THANKS TO YOU DEAR VIRGIN MEDIA!!!

YOUR 4 YEARS OLD CUSTOMER.
THIS IS MY NOTE FOR YOU FOR THIS MOMENT :td::td::td::td::td::td::td::td:

Ignitionnet
23-11-2009, 20:43
You do know this isn't a VM run forum, right?

If you're paying Virgin 60 quid a month I assume you have a VM telephone line, you do know you can call technical support on 150?

If you could repeat the pingtest.net from a server a bit closer than Atlanta, Georgia that might be good for getting a better idea of the issues. I am sure there are problems there but that doesn't show it.

Perhaps posting this to http://community.virginmedia.com and using a spelling / grammar checker before hand would get the point across better. Alternatively have you posted this to the newsgroups? You are in with a chance of getting techs who know backside from elbow that way and will check SNR, etc.

Russ
23-11-2009, 20:48
This is my second post on this forum and i think the last one, cause i have really enough of listening ppl which I think even did not finish the schools.

It's actually your 7th post.

In any case have you called VM's tech support as advised above? If so what have they said?

redforest
23-11-2009, 20:49
They just don't care. They said to me everything Is allright. But where?? You can see all my tests. They are ok??

PS. Mr Broadbandings i got just broadband.

Russ
23-11-2009, 20:51
They just don't care.

So have you called them? Yes or no?

redforest
23-11-2009, 20:55
17 times and Ive been answered two times when last time women put me on 25 min hold and never come back.

Russ
23-11-2009, 20:58
What did they suggest the first time?

redforest
23-11-2009, 21:49
Reset Modem. Then few tests like ping and tracert. Then they put me on hold and end of story. Without Virgin free phone is so expensive to call them any min and w8 like half hour.
Russ You can see all my tests and probably already You read my posts before so my singal powers are normal. This is happening only on the peak time and on hole weekend. I am so sorry if I abuse somebody at the begin but really my hands are close to my legs now and i don't know what else I can do. I can not call them every day cause this will cost me more like hole year bill sun. :(

Ignitionnet
23-11-2009, 21:55
They just don't care. They said to me everything Is allright. But where?? You can see all my tests. They are ok??

PS. Mr Broadbandings i got just broadband.

Ok.

The confusion was that in your earlier post (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34913183-post1.html) you said this:

Please sort it cause 58pouns x 12 months is quiet lot!!!

I assume in this case that was a typo, as paying 58 pounds a month is indeed quite a lot for internet only.

v0id
23-11-2009, 21:57
YOUR 4 YEARS OLD CUSTOMER.

You have to be 18 years old to be a VM customer :D

Sephiroth
23-11-2009, 22:07
You have to be 18 years old to be a VM customer :D

Leave him alone. English isn't his first language and he's got his point across very well. The real issue is VM's shameful CS.

xocemp
23-11-2009, 22:17
Leave him alone. English isn't his first language and he's got his point across very well. The real issue is VM's shameful CS.

QFT

redforest
23-11-2009, 23:08
Thanks void [-I-------] care lvl
And also thanks for your help guys and once again my apologize if I abuse someone at the beginning.
I did small investigate around similar topic and there looks like no solution for this. :( Anyway I am not in the contract that means i can change provider.

pauly_b
24-11-2009, 00:06
i have the same thing mate your not alone. -.- every time i phone up they tell me everything is fine. its not fine other wise i would not need to ring lol -.-

69kimbo
24-11-2009, 00:16
Snap...

caph
24-11-2009, 01:11
Hi Reforest, your problem sounds like oversubscription, i.e. drops in speed and pings at peak times. However your speedtest at 7.18pm on 23/11/2009 shows near perfect download speed and ping times so I'm a bit confused by that.

In any case you don't need to ring Virgin, you can post in the support newsgroup for free and you'll get a 4 hour response. Ask them if your UBR is oversubscribed. You can find your UBR by clicking on the "Connection" link at the top of this page.

Quite why the above information, given the frequency at which I have to post it, is not available in a sticky in light of the number of oversubscription problems on this forum is beyond me. Maybe some staff can shed some light?

graf_von_anonym
24-11-2009, 02:47
Do you have a router on your connection?
Have you followed the instructions (which are in a sticky at the top of this forum) to check your power levels? If so, could you post them for us please?

There are a number of factors which can produce high ping times, though here it appears that your download is not immediately affected. Do you use any file sharing software like bit torrent? What sort of ping times do you get to your default gateway?

redforest
24-11-2009, 19:26
I am not using any router. I am mean, my modem Motorola is directly connected to my computer by the rj45. I got fresh system and I did reinstall my system because Ive suspended at the beginning this same what You guys said to me. So I am 100% steady is nothing wrong witch my pc. Like i told before this is only on the peak time and fallow Tracert test I can see where the packets lose. Mostly on the Virgin Media devices.
But I am absolutely can not understand why VM Customer Service just putting us on hold and absolutely dont't care at all.
Guys. Why I have to lie you? I am already sped about 60 pounds just for calls cause i have not free line. I am just broadband user.

Hmm?? I have funny discovering today on my way back to home. Like you know they have devices on every street like small boxes witch equipment.
You can see what kind of weather is today. Just raining and raining. To be clearly for example my box on my street is just open and all devices inside are wet.
No comment at all.
I don't even wont to call again cause is just spending money for nothing. If you will try You will face min 20min hold without responding back.
VM Customer Service is really shameless and don't care at all. Like I said before we are for them just cows giving milk. :(

Ignitionnet
24-11-2009, 19:33
Alternatively have you posted this to the newsgroups? You are in with a chance of getting techs who know backside from elbow that way and will check SNR, etc.

Sephiroth
24-11-2009, 21:23
....Hmm?? I have funny discovering today on my way back to home. Like you know they have devices on every street like small boxes witch equipment.
You can see what kind of weather is today. Just raining and raining. To be clearly for example my box on my street is just open and all devices inside are wet.
No comment at all.

If there is a CATV floor plate next to the cabinet, then it's Virgin Media and you may have discovered the problem.

Call VM from a landline at wotk or something? Or find the address of a VM shop, phone them and tell them.

Or maybe one of the Admins on this forum could take this up with their contacts at VM.

What is the street location of the cabinet?

Russ
24-11-2009, 21:32
Or maybe one of the Admins on this forum could take this up with their contacts at VM.

As I understand it, help has already been offered.

graf_von_anonym
24-11-2009, 21:44
If you think the problem might have a physical component, check the power levels. Go to 192.168.100.1, you might need to use the username/password "root" and "root", and tell us what you're upstream and downstream power levels are.

Other than that, when are you phoning Virgin, and on what number?

redforest
24-11-2009, 22:10
My power lvls are ok. This cabinet what I find, if is wet is shall not work at all. It is just funny discovering how VM don't care about devices. I even don't wont say every children from the street have full access to this cabinet. LOL.
FIBER OPTIC YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.:td:
Street location is Cambridge Road TW4 Hounslow London

Sephiroth
24-11-2009, 22:46
My power lvls are ok. This cabinet what I find, if is wet is shall not work at all. It is just funny discovering how VM don't care about devices. I even don't wont say every children from the street have full access to this cabinet. LOL.
FIBER OPTIC YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.:td:
Street location is Cambridge Road TW4 Hounslow London

Is that the green box in Ashton Gardens?

Boabyboy
24-11-2009, 23:04
Redforest, you remind me of another forum member called, Telfordcable.:D

You should start to look at the cable modem's signals information page.

Type, 192.168.100.1 at your web browser's address bar.

I would like to see your upstream and downstream info, just to make sure the SACM signal levels are ok? Do not post MAC address & seriel numbers onto this forum.

Thank you.