PDA

View Full Version : Unserviceable? Really?

wryterra
23-11-2009, 00:42
I've been told my new flat is unserviceable by Virgin Media because it is in a communal property so it would cause disruption to the whole building. I, however, can simply see this isn't true.

My neighbour, in the adjacent flat, has virgin media cable that is freshly installed (not old unserviceable equipment, in other words) from the street at the rear of the property. The only two flats with walls on the rear of the property are ours. Hand me a ladder and a masonry drill and I could run line the further 5 or 10 meters along that wall into my flat without disrupting anyone else's residence, internally or externally or even touching the communal areas.

Is it worth asking Virgin to send a spotter and pointing this out to them? Or is my case hopeless simply because they have a record saying it can't be done?

If it is worth while, how do I go about it?

Stuart
23-11-2009, 00:46
You will need to get them to send a spotter out. They will not allow the order to go ahead until their records say the area is serviceable.

I think you can just ask for a site survey team to be sent out.

wryterra
23-11-2009, 00:54
Well that does sound simple enough. Can I add notes to the request? Such as pointing out that my flat is the one directly adjacent to the currently installed line, etc. Or can I ask to be present for the survey?

Peter_
23-11-2009, 06:56
Well that does sound simple enough. Can I add notes to the request? Such as pointing out that my flat is the one directly adjacent to the currently installed line, etc. Or can I ask to be present for the survey?

Unserviceable leads form for contacting the spotters team

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html