PDA

View Full Version : Traffic shaping question

Russ
22-11-2009, 20:36
After 50 minutes of trying to get sense out of VM's Indian tech support I finally gave up.

All I want to know is whether my poor speeds is down to traffic management. I've given up on getting sense out of the Indians, I was told it happens after 5 days, from 8am tomorrow, from 5 hours as of when I logged the 'fault' etc etc

So is there a way I can find out without having to get through to India?

Welshchris
22-11-2009, 20:51
Russ, im suffering from the same issue over the past 2-3 days here in Swansea.

My 20mb connection drops below 10mb and connection is so bad when even when trying to post on here its so tedious i click post and sometimes takes 12-15 seconds to post.

Mr Angry
22-11-2009, 20:51
After 50 minutes of trying to get sense out of VM's Indian tech support I finally gave up.

All I want to know is whether my poor speeds is down to traffic management. I've given up on getting sense out of the Indians, I was told it happens after 5 days, from 8am tomorrow, from 5 hours as of when I logged the 'fault' etc etc

So is there a way I can find out without having to get through to India?

Hi there Russ.

If you drop me a pm with your name and account number I will pass it on to one of the CF team who can contact one of their high level contacts at VM.;)

Alternatively you could phone them again telling them you are a disaffected alcoholic Pakistani patriot who, on stumbling drunk from a lap dancing club in central Islamabad, has happened across a briefcase marked "Launch codes" which is continually beeping and flashing "press here" messages.

That might "gee them up" a bit.

Russ
22-11-2009, 20:55
Russ, im suffering from the same issue over the past 2-3 days here in Swansea.

My 20mb connection drops below 10mb and connection is so bad when even when trying to post on here its so tedious i click post and sometimes takes 12-15 seconds to post.

I'm pretty much sure it's a shaping issue rather than a general slow speed problem as I reformatted this morning and downloading updates, patches etc has taken me over the limit.

All I want is a straight answer to when the shaping 5 hours is up but it seems like those in India are simply unable to understand me or don't want to help.

Welshchris
22-11-2009, 21:06
My connection is dire between 5 - 11pm for some reason over the past few days.

papa smurf
22-11-2009, 21:47
Hi there Russ.

If you drop me a pm with your name and account number I will pass it on to one of the CF team who can contact one of their high level contacts at VM.;)

Alternatively you could phone them again telling them you are a disaffected alcoholic Pakistani patriot who, on stumbling drunk from a lap dancing club in central Islamabad, has happened across a briefcase marked "Launch codes" which is continually beeping and flashing "press here" messages.

That might "gee them up" a bit.

worth a try

Russ
22-11-2009, 21:59
Incredible. Almost an hour speaking to 3 different Indians and none of them could tell me what I wanted to know. I post on here and one of VM's UK staff finds out for me almost straight away. No names mentioned as they want to remain anonymous but a massive thank you to them and a massive thumbs down again for VM's Indian tech support.

Welshchris
23-11-2009, 01:46
Russ take a look at this, i know its not the same issue as u but this is whats happening to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3SSrmWqMXM

When downloading or watching media etc etc my connection suddenly dies, the send and recieve light stops and thats it, sometimes it will recover and other times it times out. This is the 3rd day now.