PDA

View Full Version : New install

GibsonLesPaul
22-11-2009, 20:25
Hi All. Forgive what is almost certainly going to be one of those "newbie" questions...
Had VM with BB / HD+ box / phone installed last month after waiting over two weeks for the installation. Up to now, mightily impressed with the TV side of things and the recorder is a million times better than our old Sharp digital recorder. The BB is better than our old T*lk T*lk setup, although probably not as "fast" as I was expecting. Although this is probably more down to my experiences with our work computers.
The biggest issue is around the landline phone. I was promised transfer of my TT number; it hasn't happened. I asked for and was promised caller display; it hasn't happened. I also asked for and was also promised the "answerphone" facility; yep, you guessed, it hasn't happened either.
I rang CS to ask when this was going to happen and was told "after 10 days" but 17 days later, still the same.
Rang CS for the second time last weekend, and was told it would be done on the 28th November. Fingers crossed.
Is this normal VM procedure folks? This is crazy because I'm effectively paying for two phone lines, and this wasn't what had been agreed at "sign-up"