PDA

View Full Version : 50mb Connection dead since Friday(Melton Mowbray)

BrilliantRadiant
22-11-2009, 18:13
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong area but I need your help urgently with my issue, I basically have no internet at all at my house because of this problem and have to go elsewhere just to get online which is frustrating to say the least.

On Friday my internet connection went dead in the evening, ever since then it just won't connect at all.

I have a VNMG300 modem(If that means anything..)

It has 5 light areas but they don't all come on it goes as follows

5th light stays on
2nd light flashes and locks
3rd light flashes and locks
1st light flashes and trys to lock

then it reverts back to the 2nd and 5th light being on.

It's like the thing is trying to connect but it just can't, I don't know what's up with it.

It just cycles through this over and over and has done for days, sometimes the 2nd light and 5th light will stay on and the 1st one struggles to appear and then it repeats itself.

I've checked outside and noticed the little VM box on the wall hasnt been touched, looks perfectly fine.

The TV works fine too. My internet connection and TV come from the same feeder line it has been split by the engineer months back.

Can someone help me please? Also how do you access the router itself like the routers IP or something?

Thankyou

Peter_
22-11-2009, 19:03
If it stays like this the call the 50Mb Support line tomorrow morning after 0800.

50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431
----------------------------

It depends on which model router you have, first of all you connect an ethernet cable into the router in one of the numbered ports then you use the following to log in.

Netgear WNR2000 : 192.168.100.1: username is “admin” and passphrase is “password”

D link DIR615 : 192.168.0.1 : username is “admin” and passphrase you leave blank

--------------------------------------

To login to the modem you use the following http://192.168.100.1/

BrilliantRadiant
22-11-2009, 20:32
Thankyou for your quick response. I checked the modem and it keeps reseting essentially but some info whilst it's here

The downstream area

Frequency 402750000
Lock Status
(QAM Lock/FEC Sync/MPEG Lock) Y/Y/Y
Channel Id 0
Modulation 256QAM
Symbol Rate
(Msym/sec) 5.360537
Interleave Depth I=32
J=4
Power Level
(dBmV) 5.85
RxMER
(dB) 38.98
Correctable
Codewords 14
Uncorrectable
Codewords 1436

Upstream area (It has 4 sections like the downstream but only 1 has information)

Channel Type 1.0
Channel ID 1
Frequency
(Hz) 25800000
Ranging Status Success
Modulation QPSK
Symbol Rate
(KSym/sec) 2560
Mini-Slot Size 2
Power Level
(dBmV) 45.75
T3 Timeouts 504 (Other T1,2 and 4) timeouts were 0 so I left those out)

The event logs have a whole bunch of these
MDD message timeout;, No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-

Oh and after each cycle the information in like every single field listed changes including the upstream and downstream frequencys it either goes up or down, it's so weird.

I think my connection(Although it doesn't work) Is mega unstable.

Well I added incase someone else might know.. Kinda desperate here lol

Peter_
22-11-2009, 22:15
You have a single Downstream where the should be 3/4 depending on what kit is used in your area and therefore you need to call the 50Mb Support Team on 0800 052 0431 tomorrow morning after 0800.