PDA

View Full Version : Virgin netbook fault help?

monkeyonamoped
19-11-2009, 21:20
Hello all, I wonder if anyone could help.

Earlier in the year I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get hold of a Virgin netbook for £50. However, it has now developed a fault. Essentially, it won't boot up - after the Virgin Media splash screen, I just get a message saying 'no bootable device found'.

I suspect that the hard drive might have packed in, as in the BIOS I don't appear to have any option to boot from hard disk.

Does anyone know what the best number to call would be to get hold of the right support team for this? I'm under the impression that the netbook is a Virgin Mobile product, but I'm not a Virgin Mobile customer. I tried calling their generic phone line earlier but after listening to Norah Jones for half an hour I thought I'd check if anyone here had had any similar experiences and could point me in the right direction.

Any help would be gratefully received.

deathtrap3000
19-11-2009, 21:53
The netbook hasnt got a great build quality. Ive had trouble booting it before, but not to the extent you have.

The only number I could find is 0800 952 2294

Hom3r
19-11-2009, 22:04
What netbook is it?

have you another PC?

you could try and create a bootable USB stick.

Ben B
19-11-2009, 22:11
It's the Virgin Freedom Netbook

herby247
23-11-2009, 22:18
Hello all, I wonder if anyone could help.

Earlier in the year I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get hold of a Virgin netbook for £50. However, it has now developed a fault. Essentially, it won't boot up - after the Virgin Media splash screen, I just get a message saying 'no bootable device found'.

I suspect that the hard drive might have packed in, as in the BIOS I don't appear to have any option to boot from hard disk.

Does anyone know what the best number to call would be to get hold of the right support team for this? I'm under the impression that the netbook is a Virgin Mobile product, but I'm not a Virgin Mobile customer. I tried calling their generic phone line earlier but after listening to Norah Jones for half an hour I thought I'd check if anyone here had had any similar experiences and could point me in the right direction.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Same thing happened to me, i found help and a fix at this FANTASTIC unofficial vm netbook site......
http://www.virginmediafreedom.co.uk
Hope you get sorted mate!

Hom3r
23-11-2009, 22:33
It's the Virgin Freedom Netbook

is that the manufacturer?

I have a Samsung NC-10 (non VM)

Ben B
23-11-2009, 23:28
is that the manufacturer?

I have a Samsung NC-10 (non VM)
Well that's the brand I saw written on it when I went into the VM Store in Manchester

monkeyonamoped
24-11-2009, 09:09
Thanks for all the help people. I got through easily on the number given by deathtrap3000, which does seem to be the correct number to call.
I'm waiting for some packaging to arrive from VM now to send the netbook back to them in - I'll post some feedback in this thread to let people know what the service is like when I get more news.