PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing problem with 10meg connection in the PO4 area of portsmouth

PureJaz
18-11-2009, 15:56
This is an ONGOING problem for a few months now and as you will probably soon be able to tell i'm very ****ed off about this.

The problem is that our connection fluctuates an unbelievable amount, I'm talking one second it could be running at 4megs and the other at 0.1 megs. This comes onto the second problem, we have not yet once actually received our 10megs or anywhere this this speed in the last 3 to 4 months. What I'm ****ed off about is the fact that EVERY time i phone up Virgin to sort this problem out I'm on the phone to a retard that obviously is simply reading from the dummy's guide of internet connections. I say this because EVERY conversation goes the same, which is:

Virgin: Problems your side
Me: No its not
Virgin: Go to go speak to manager,
puts me on hold
Virgin: The problem is our side it will be fixed soon

This whole conversation takes about an hour and no matter what i say they do nothing. Well is 3 months soon? cause in my definition it is not. So i've decided to come here where there's actually intelligent people that can suggest what the problem is, so i can then do the Virgin guys job. Before anyone says anything i have asked for an engineer multiple times and been told i'm not in need of one.

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 32
Downstream Frequency : 306750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 9.7 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 42.5 dB

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 4
Upstream Frequency : 46200000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 61.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Anyone have any ideas? ive also tested the router and bypassed it completely so its not the router. Nor is it spy ware or any other thing you may say.

xocemp
18-11-2009, 16:16
Upstream power level is way to high, you need a tech to sort that out.
Call at or just after 8am tomorrow, you stand more chance of getting a UK agent.

PureJaz
18-11-2009, 16:18
I suggested this to them and they said i was wrong

xocemp
18-11-2009, 16:32
Keep calling until you get a UK agent or post on the news-groups.
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/setting-up.php