PDA

View Full Version : Support Newsgroups

berkut
14-11-2009, 23:14
Is there a way to get access to these from outwith the VM network?

My internet connection is down again... ready light is flashing on the modem.

Getting sick of this as it has been happening on and off for the last 2 weeks.

Berkut

Ignitionnet
15-11-2009, 08:47
Yes - where the news client asks for username and password enter your VM username/alias and password that were on the welcoming card / letter.

berkut
16-11-2009, 00:04
Thanks for that :-)

For the life of me I could not get my brain to engage last night... never thought of trying that username and password

Gary L
16-11-2009, 00:07
You'll only be able to access the text server and not the binary server from a non VM IP.

berkut
16-11-2009, 01:04
was only interested in gaining access to the support newsgroups to bitch about my connection going down again.

have a USB 3G dongle for emergencies and had never tried accessing the virgin newsgroup from outside the network before.

got a nice reply from a VM tech suggesting my power levels may be fluctuating as there was no other indication of any issues on the network in my region.

I need to get to the bottom of this "ready light" flashing issue as it has been happening a lot over the last few weeks (one of the outages was for a full day) all India could say was they could not find a fault and I would need to wait 6 days for an engineer, still waiting for the engineer to arrive.