PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 20MB

MakeMoreUserName
14-11-2009, 11:14
I had a look on virgin media website and 20MB costs £20 a month, so i rang virgin media to upgrade and they said since im an existing customer it will cost me £37 a month:confused:. I understand that the first 3 months for £10 offer is for new customers but where did they get the £37 from?.
Im currently paying £20 for 10MB M which is crap since i hit the download limit in no time and on the website 10MB L costs less.

Kymmy
14-11-2009, 11:18
So for 20Mb you'll hit the limits even faster :rolleyes:

Go for 50Mb, no limits and only a bit more

MakeMoreUserName
14-11-2009, 11:19
So for 20Mb you'll hit the limits even faster :rolleyes:

Go for 50Mb, no limits and only a bit more

So since im an existing customer how much will 50MB cost?

Kymmy
14-11-2009, 11:23
Best for someone like BenMcr to answer that one he'll be able to give you an exact price..

da_vone
14-11-2009, 12:13
I had a look on virgin media website and 20MB costs £20 a month, so i rang virgin media to upgrade and they said since im an existing customer it will cost me £37 a month:confused:. I understand that the first 3 months for £10 offer is for new customers but where did they get the £37 from?.
Im currently paying £20 for 10MB M which is crap since i hit the download limit in no time and on the website 10MB L costs less.

Hi there. I was in your situation as well. As an existing customer with BB and TV i was paying £20 for 10meg so i called them up as asked that i be upgraded to 20 megs in which id still pay the same. In order to do this you need to take out a Virgin phone line Minimum £11. Once you ask them for a virgin phone line im sure they will give you your upgrade to 20meg because even with traffic management the 20meg would be far better than the 10meg traffic management policy that is in place. Oh yes make sure you speak to a UK Customer services as the oversea "lot" just don't understand simple logic since that is not written in their transcript of answers. Hope this helps.

MakeMoreUserName
14-11-2009, 12:22
Hi there. I was in your situation as well. As an existing customer with BB and TV i was paying £20 for 10meg so i called them up as asked that i be upgraded to 20 megs in which id still pay the same. In order to do this you need to take out a Virgin phone line Minimum £11. Once you ask them for a virgin phone line im sure they will give you your upgrade to 20meg because even with traffic management the 20meg would be far better than the 10meg traffic management policy that is in place. Oh yes make sure you speak to a UK Customer services as the oversea "lot" just don't understand simple logic since that is not written in their transcript of answers. Hope this helps.

Ive already got a virgin phone line?

da_vone
14-11-2009, 13:53
Ive already got a virgin phone line?

Hum i see. well if that was the case then you need to stress the point that its not value for money that your paying £20 for 10meg whereas its possible to get 20megs for 20 quid (which you have probably already done). If they still say no tell them you wish to leave because they cant understand common sense. But im sure someone will understand your predicament. First person says No ask to speak to their supervisor. Just be persistent my friend.

scoobadiva
14-11-2009, 14:01
i rang about the same thing. On my bill im paying 25 for 10mb... I also hav tv and phone with virgin, and a supposed loyalty discount which makes monthly bill abt 35 quid. Thats the same price i get if i look at the same bundle on there site. So my so called loyalty discount is bs. Moving on from that when i agreed to upgrade to 2 upgrade to 20mb the advisor did something and they cant get my modem back online for another 5 days!

MakeMoreUserName
14-11-2009, 14:35
Hum i see. well if that was the case then you need to stress the point that its not value for money that your paying £20 for 10meg whereas its possible to get 20megs for 20 quid (which you have probably already done). If they still say no tell them you wish to leave because they cant understand common sense. But im sure someone will understand your predicament. First person says No ask to speak to their supervisor. Just be persistent my friend.

I just dont understand why its more for existing customers, all i wanted to do was upgrade to 20MB and they come out with a random price of £37.50. I could get 50MB without the virgin phone line for that price! http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15208

Sephiroth
14-11-2009, 19:32
Best for someone like BenMcr to answer that one he'll be able to give you an exact price..
BenMcr's quote should be interesting. It'll no doubt be convulted with discounts that are not mentioned in the headline price.

Also he ought to criticise the CS person who said it'll cost £37. The advertised price is on the web site (accepted no new user discount) and VM are obliged to supply the upgrade at that price. That's consumer law.