PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problem EN8 area

Kelco
12-11-2009, 12:24
Is it quite common for Virgin not to show a local problem on their status page? Had no internet in the EN8 area since sometime yesterday. Nothing about in on the regional status pages but if you dial their 0800 number it does tell you of an issuse for that postcode. So while I accept that I have been informed via phone why don't they update their website as well? Seems silly as thats where they want you look for problems, assuming you have an alternative why to connect to the internet (via mobile or at work like I am now!).

Dave

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

According to the freephone status line there no issues anymore. So hopefully when I get home later it will be working. Fingers crossed.

Kelco
13-11-2009, 10:49
Turns out last night my broadband was still down. Looking at the website and ringing the 0800 number for regional problems said there wasn't any problem in my area. So phoned Customer Services, hung at the phone for half an hour to be told there is a problem and the resolution time was 11pm. Didn't check then but appeared to be ok this morning. I'm guessing the reason they don't state these things on the webssite is probably to make their performance look good. Just my thoughts...