PDA

View Full Version : Latest VM Flyer

MK1
10-11-2009, 15:00
We just got the latest flyer through the door which says £89.50 per month for xl tv, xl phone and 20Mb broadband. plus Sky Sports, Sky Movies, a V+ HD box, an extra set top box and an N wireless router. We're on 20Mb at present with xl tv and xl phone and thinking of getting 50Mb and seeing as 50Mb is cheaper than 20Mb anyway we thought they'd chuck that in aswell but it works out dearer at £99.50 when we phoned them.

I'll qoute the opening line on the letter - Dear Mr ####, You've been with Virgin Media a while now, so we think you deserve a bit of special treatment in return.

Thanks for the special treatment VM for a long standing loyal customer - nothing.

Ignitionnet
10-11-2009, 15:05
What exactly is up MK1, that they wouldn't upgrade you to 50Mbit free of charge?

It's not cheaper, not sure what makes you say that. It's 8 quid a month more taken with or without the phone line. I can only guess that the extra 10 pounds quoted is due to the 89.50 being a special offer of some kind.

EDIT: A quick read of your posts and I see why. You're paying 37GBP/month for 20Mbit at the moment, the price quoted now is actually 17GBP a month less at 20GBP when you take a phone line - http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=3246

That's where the discrepancy comes in, you're on an old tariff whcih doesn't have the 17GBP/month discount that is put on accounts now.

This probably belongs in Billing issues.