PDA

View Full Version : RIP my PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 21:05
Turned it on went to the store, it turned off. Odd I thought, went to turn it back on it flashed red beeped a couple of times did not turn back on.
I tried turning it off and then on again. The light briefly went yellow, then the PS3 beeped a few times, and then the
light flashed red.

The End :(

Gutted feel angry very sad :(

The Mrs has not been very sympathetic :mis::cry:

Rang sony they said not a common problem £150 we will send a reconditioned one on Tuesday!!!!!!

Hoping to get COD on Monday!!!!! :mad: Do i just bite the bullet a buy a bran new one?

Well peedoff! :td:

Bulky
06-11-2009, 21:13
this IS a common problem , do a search for ylod , get back on to Sony and kick up a bit of a fuss, others have said they have had replacements after a few "i thought sony was supposed to be quality and not break , its as bad as the xbox, can't wait to tell watchdog this one its already been on once" ......

how old is your ps3

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 21:17
this IS a common problem , do a search for ylod , get back on to Sony and kick up a bit of a fuss, others have said they have had replacements after a few "i thought sony was supposed to be quality and not break , its as bad as the xbox, can't wait to tell watchdog this one its already been on once" ......

how old is your ps3

Got it at from play the day they came out. :(

Is there away of sending it somewhere to be fixed with out losing my data, and getting my PS3 back instead of someones elses reconditioned one!!!!!:mad:

Bulky
06-11-2009, 21:20
seriously , get onto sony and wreak havok , if they agree an exchange swap the hard drive out , if not , for £150 you could buy a brand new xbox with cod , don't suppose you bought on a credit card ?? , they sometimes (visa) extend all guarantees

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 21:24
Tempted to just get the slim ;) ! And fix my old one somehow then sell it, or give it to my bro in law as a xmas presnt. :cool:

:(

Gutted!

Bulky
06-11-2009, 21:27
Tempted to just get the slim ;) ! And fix my old one somehow then sell it, or give it to my bro in law as a xmas presnt. :cool:

:(

Gutted!

can't fault you :) ,excellent plan.

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 22:12
Are theses people legit?

http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/sony-repairs/sony-ps3-repair/playstation-3-yellow-light-of-death-or-power-problems/60

icestar2
06-11-2009, 22:28
Sorry to hear that Stone m8. So does the console not boot at all then ? Have you tried keeping your finger on the power button for 5 secs when switching on to get into the recovery menu ?

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 22:32
Sorry to hear that Stone m8. So does the console not boot at all then ? Have you tried keeping your finger on the power button for 5 secs when switching on to get into the recovery menu ?

Yeap :( Believe me mate its dead.

Blockbusters game in there as well! :mad: Has to be back tomorrow.

icestar2
06-11-2009, 22:35

Damn thats suck m8. As bulkylad said you could try phoning an kicking up a fuss you might get lucky but I wouldn't put money on it as its there policy now. All depends on who you get through to sometimes.

As for the website you posted a link to I dont know m8 but my firewall blocked it as a suspiciuos website. Not sure why might be nothing but look into them before using them.

Bulky
06-11-2009, 22:35

heard switching on with the eject button pressed can sometimes work ........ thats really bad luck mate :(

just to add , the website you linked probably only do this :http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376 ,

would be worth a try yourself if your feeling a little techy , hire the heatgun , will cost you next to nothing.

STONEISLAND
06-11-2009, 22:52
heard switching on with the eject button pressed can sometimes work ........ thats really bad luck mate :(

just to add , the website you linked probably only do this :http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376 ,

would be worth a try yourself if your feeling a little techy , hire the heatgun , will cost you next to nothing.

Thanks for that i'll give that. :tu:

Bulky
06-11-2009, 23:26
sorry to go on , but if your really determined to fix (still not guaranteed obviously) , the earlier models of the ps3's seem to have 'dodgy' power supply issues to , google it , this could also be your issue , pick a newer version up from ebay , the model in your ps3 will be the aps-227 , you can get the latest version aps-231 on e-bay.