PDA

View Full Version : Service Outage in NW London?

crazyronnie
05-11-2009, 11:40
My broadband and cable tv just stopped working. Anyone know if theres a problem in the NW9 area?

bomber_g
05-11-2009, 13:40
Fibre and power grid cabling has been damaged - this aint likely to be fixed for a while due to the power cables that are broken making it unsafe for Virgin Techs to get in and fix it

Zee
05-11-2009, 14:01
Where is NW9? Mill Hill? Im in Edgware and not affected, its about 2 minutes walk away from NW9.

bomber_g
05-11-2009, 15:31
apparently it's NW9, HA3, HA9, HA0 that are affected - although that's not to say EVERYONE in that area will be, it depends on whether their on the broken cable or not.

don't suppose anyone know's whats caused this?

crazyronnie
05-11-2009, 16:57
Thanks for the info guys. Its a good thing i've got tethering on my iphone.

Pierre
06-11-2009, 09:14
apparently it's NW9, HA3, HA9, HA0 that are affected - although that's not to say EVERYONE in that area will be, it depends on whether their on the broken cable or not.

don't suppose anyone know's whats caused this?

An EDF power cable has exploded taking out several VM cables.

VM have to wait until EDF have made their cables safe before they start on theirs

crazyronnie
06-11-2009, 11:00
An EDF power cable has exploded taking out several VM cables.

VM have to wait until EDF have made their cables safe before they start on theirs

Does anyone have an ETA on this as its coming up to 24 hours without digital services.

Peter_
06-11-2009, 11:07
The is no update as yet here is the link to the fault on Outage page http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1119355

If the has been a major issue with electricity then the area must be made safe for engineers to be able to repair the cabling first.

Is your broadband as important as someones life, I think not and it will be fixed as soon as it is safe to do so.

crazyronnie
06-11-2009, 11:10
The is no update as yet here is the link to the fault on Outage page http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1119355

If the has been a major issue with electricity then the area must be made safe for engineers to be able to repair the cabling first.

Is your broadband as important as someones life, I think not and it will be fixed as soon as it is safe to do so.

Drop the attitude all i asked was if there was an ETA on the fix i never said my broadband was more important than someones life.

Peter_
06-11-2009, 11:16
Drop the attitude all i asked was if there was an ETA on the fix i never said my broadband was more important than someones life.
I gave you the link and as yet no update as of 2033 last night and this is a Major Service Outage which normally has a SLA of 4 hours to fix but due to the electricity issue it will be longer.

I have great respect for electricity and know it dangers especially at high voltages, so sorry if my post was a bit abrupt.

dcclanuk
07-11-2009, 11:13
All working now. Very annoyed, but it would be nice if VM re-imbursed the customers for the loss of service in some way- more than the 2 days worth of disruptions worth. But knowing VM, we won't even get the 2 days worth of service refunded.

I won't even bother trying to get the £2/£3 back. My time is more valuable than that, as it is not worth the possible hours of hassle. I say hours, as I know someone that tried to call Tech Support, but after being told "30 mins wait" 3 times, as soon as the call reaches 1 hour, it disconnects automatically, so they wasted 3 hours. After that they just phoned retentions and cancelled all their services. Good going VM!

Vraj
07-11-2009, 11:49
All working now. Very annoyed, but it would be nice if VM re-imbursed the customers for the loss of service in some way- more than the 2 days worth of disruptions worth. But knowing VM, we won't even get the 2 days worth of service refunded.

I won't even bother trying to get the £2/£3 back. My time is more valuable than that, as it is not worth the possible hours of hassle. I say hours, as I know someone that tried to call Tech Support, but after being told "30 mins wait" 3 times, as soon as the call reaches 1 hour, it disconnects automatically, so they wasted 3 hours. After that they just phoned retentions and cancelled all their services. Good going VM!

Nirav is it working at your place? At my place it's still not working. :(
Ane te mane olkhyo? :p

crazyronnie
07-11-2009, 12:55
still not working at mine either

dcclanuk
07-11-2009, 17:07
Nirav is it working at your place? At my place it's still not working. :(
Ane te mane olkhyo? :p

LoL haa "olkhyo"! All working here. Parin was the one that called for 3 hours looool. He was bare annoyed..... me too!

Vraj
07-11-2009, 19:39
LoL haa "olkhyo"! All working here. Parin was the one that called for 3 hours looool. He was bare annoyed..... me too!

Naa nathi olkhyo haji wrong number lagi gayo. lolz I am from BwT :p

Btw Still Broadband not working :(

dcclanuk
08-11-2009, 09:21
Naa nathi olkhyo haji wrong number lagi gayo. lolz I am from BwT :p

Btw Still Broadband not working :(

Ohhh damn you people with the same name :p:

All working now?

Vraj
08-11-2009, 15:21
^ no it's still not working.

dcclanuk
08-11-2009, 17:25
^ no it's still not working.
DAMN! That is bad! If it was still not working in my house, all I will say is that there would be FIREWORKS- I know Guy Fawkes has gone loooooooool. I mean no tv AND no internet = blackout :(

Vraj
08-11-2009, 19:48
DAMN! That is bad! If it was still not working in my house, all I will say is that there would be FIREWORKS- I know Guy Fawkes has gone loooooooool. I mean no tv AND no internet = blackout :(

Jya sudhi na chalu thay tya sudhi 3 no Mobile zindabaad. :D

Btw still no update from virgin media :mad:
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1119355

dcclanuk
08-11-2009, 21:08
Jya sudhi na chalu thay tya sudhi 3 no Mobile zindabaad. :D

Btw still no update from virgin media :mad:
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1119355

3 is screwed too!!! Arrgh they are upgrading the London Network, but its just made it more crap!

Msn won't work properly on there!!! and I mean in CENTRAL London like Tottenham Court Road I sometimes don't get reception, at CANARY WHARF I don't get proper reception... heck in MOST parts of London I don't get reception, and it's &^&*^*&^* frustrating, as that is the mobile I use for work!!!

Vraj
09-11-2009, 11:16
3 is screwed too!!! Arrgh they are upgrading the London Network, but its just made it more crap!

Msn won't work properly on there!!! and I mean in CENTRAL London like Tottenham Court Road I sometimes don't get reception, at CANARY WHARF I don't get proper reception... heck in MOST parts of London I don't get reception, and it's &^&*^*&^* frustrating, as that is the mobile I use for work!!!

same here Skype and msn not working properly even in Holborn it's not working :mad:

btw Broadband is working fine now. :D

dcclanuk
09-11-2009, 20:45
same here Skype and msn not working properly even in Holborn it's not working :mad:

btw Broadband is working fine now. :D
nice =)......... 3 is screwed up all over Central London!