PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Disgraceful Support Again!

Acathla
04-11-2009, 22:05
So yet again, on the few occasions that I need to call on Virgin Media Support, again they have let themselves down and really proved incapable.

So the story...

Yesterday I noticed the max speed I was getting on my 50meg connection was 20Meg. Didn't think much of it until today when I was getting the same. Call technical support and wait around 20 minutes. Getting bored I checked my router config and indeed I have a 20Meg config (20480000 bps). Hang up tech support and call Customer Support. I mean, easy to resolve now?

After waiting 10 minutes (everyone busy tonight I guess) I get what I believe to be a trainee - could hear him being told to ask for my name/address/password etc... No problem with that until suddenly I dropped to hold music with no explanation of what was going on! Then I end up on the Technical Support line again! No way I'm waiting 20 minutes with no answer again so I call Customer Support again.

This time I get answered quickly but this time by someone on the other side of the world. He tells me it was requested to be downgraded online a couple weeks ago - now I know for a fact that's not true. So I say, no biggy lets just upgrade me again and we'll be done with it. Easy? No. For him to upgrade me, he NEEDS to send an engineer. Huh? Been on 50meg for the past 3 months since I had it installed and it was working niiiiice. Only people who can upgrade me without an engineer is Customer Relations(??) but they are closed. I could try technical support he says....

Anyway, I explain that I've been holding on off 35 minutes now and don't want another 20 minute hold. "It's ok", he says, I'll make it quick. Phew I say and tell him how grateful I was as it's crazy having to hold for so long just to get what must be a simple action resolved.

Long story short, 22 minutes in, still on hold for tech support - that's another 22 minutes. He blatantly lied - surprise surprise!

Virgin. I generally call you probably 2/3 times a year and EVERYTIME you really don't cover yourself in glory. Surely I'm not that unlucky? Is it like this everytime?

If I upgrade back to 50meg online, will it be instant? Or within an hour or so?

Rant over. Thanks for reading! lol :)

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

32 minutes on hold for tech support now. Why so busy tonight???

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

43 minutes I spoke to someone!

He needs to speak to Customer Services....

Circles, going round in?

sollp
04-11-2009, 22:13
So yet again, on the few occasions that I need to call on Virgin Media Support, again they have let themselves down and really proved incapable.

So the story...

Yesterday I noticed the max speed I was getting on my 50meg connection was 20Meg. Didn't think much of it until today when I was getting the same. Call technical support and wait around 20 minutes. Getting bored I checked my router config and indeed I have a 20Meg config (20480000 bps). Hang up tech support and call Customer Support. I mean, easy to resolve now?

After waiting 10 minutes (everyone busy tonight I guess) I get what I believe to be a trainee - could hear him being told to ask for my name/address/password etc... No problem with that until suddenly I dropped to hold music with no explanation of what was going on! Then I end up on the Technical Support line again! No way I'm waiting 20 minutes with no answer again so I call Customer Support again.

This time I get answered quickly but this time by someone on the other side of the world. He tells me it was requested to be downgraded online a couple weeks ago - now I know for a fact that's not true. So I say, no biggy lets just upgrade me again and we'll be done with it. Easy? No. For him to upgrade me, he NEEDS to send an engineer. Huh? Been on 50meg for the past 3 months since I had it installed and it was working niiiiice. Only people who can upgrade me without an engineer is Customer Relations(??) but they are closed. I could try technical support he says....

Anyway, I explain that I've been holding on off 35 minutes now and don't want another 20 minute hold. "It's ok", he says, I'll make it quick. Phew I say and tell him how grateful I was as it's crazy having to hold for so long just to get what must be a simple action resolved.

Long story short, 22 minutes in, still on hold for tech support - that's another 22 minutes. He blatantly lied - surprise surprise!

Virgin. I generally call you probably 2/3 times a year and EVERYTIME you really don't cover yourself in glory. Surely I'm not that unlucky? Is it like this everytime?

If I upgrade back to 50meg online, will it be instant? Or within an hour or so?

Rant over. Thanks for reading! lol :)

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

32 minutes on hold for tech support now. Why so busy tonight???

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

43 minutes I spoke to someone!

He needs to speak to Customer Services....

Circles, going round in?

I'm going to take a guess that the last guy you spoke to has got the wrong end of the stick, i think he thought you wanted upgrading from say 20Mb-50Mb so in that case you would need the installation of the 50Mb product you already have????

Unfortunately the communication barrier can be a problem and sometimes they HEAR you but don't LISTEN.
I had a similar problem last week when phoning Sky, if it wasn't for me reapeating myself slowly he would have booked another visit, but this time for blanking pictures when my problem was,(and still is) no sound on the recordings on my Sky+!!!

Acathla
04-11-2009, 22:39
An hour in I spoke to someone who understands the situation although he decided he wants a £20 activation fee from me to put me back up to 50meg. I've paid everything already and will not pay more just for an error VM made. Ultimately he decided he couldn't help and hung up on me. I am now really angry and this is getting a joke.

VM are really a disgrace.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Is there a VM employee on tonight that can sort this for me? I want a switch pushed to put me back to 50meg.

Grrrrrrrr...

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Speaking to someone else now - although he's put me on hold. Does anyone else hate hold as much as me? lol

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Sorted! wow I wasn't expecting that.

He spoke to his supervisor and he got it back up - back up to full speed again.

(For how long....)

(cynic)

sollp
04-11-2009, 23:11
An hour in I spoke to someone who understands the situation although he decided he wants a £20 activation fee from me to put me back up to 50meg. I've paid everything already and will not pay more just for an error VM made. Ultimately he decided he couldn't help and hung up on me. I am now really angry and this is getting a joke.

VM are really a disgrace.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Is there a VM employee on tonight that can sort this for me? I want a switch pushed to put me back to 50meg.

Grrrrrrrr...

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Speaking to someone else now - although he's put me on hold. Does anyone else hate hold as much as me? lol

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Sorted! wow I wasn't expecting that.

He spoke to his supervisor and he got it back up - back up to full speed again.

(For how long....)

(cynic)

Was there an explanation of why it downgraded in the first place?

nopcode
04-11-2009, 23:40
Maybe a 3month offer that lapsed back to 20meg?

Acathla
05-11-2009, 00:14
No explanation. It's only been installed 6 weeks and there was no special offer.
I got to the point that I didn't want an explanation in the end, I just wanted it resolved. It's sad that it takes an hour an a half, 5 agents and a lot of stress to get it sorted.

At least there is 1 agent at VM that deserves his pay packet tonight :)

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

1000 posts. At least it was a good one and not a whinge like the 2/3 previous!