PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - are they finally doing something?

Retrovertigo
30-10-2009, 12:03
Last couple of days, late evening I have lost all connection a few times and had to reboot my modem. But speeds seem better than they were (still nowhere acceptable though)

Also my downstream power level has dropped from almost 10 to between 1.8 and 2.0.

Just curious as I asked on the newsgroups as to whether there was any news on the fault number I have and they said there was nothing to report yet.

pazor
30-10-2009, 17:43
I live in manchester m8 and have noticed every night when i come home from work my computer says there is a network cable unpluged! i check the cables and there fine and all the relevent lights are on, it only changes when turn the power off on my modem and router for a few secs and its back to normal.

moaningmags
30-10-2009, 19:04
I live in manchester m8 and have noticed every night when i come home from work my computer says there is a network cable unpluged! i check the cables and there fine and all the relevent lights are on, it only changes when turn the power off on my modem and router for a few secs and its back to normal.

If your computer is connected to the router and you're getting network cable uplugged, then it's either the router or the computer at fault, not the modem and not the network.

Mick Fisher
30-10-2009, 22:06
Funny, I used to get bouts of that 'network cable unplugged' thing all the while when my desktop was wired direct to the modem. I never rebooted the modem though because it didn't seem to affect anything and after a while it would stop by itself.

Since introducing a router and creating a small network the issue has stopped completely. :confused: