PDA

View Full Version : Large reduction of BB speed

eboni
30-10-2009, 03:29
About a month ago we decided to upgrade our virgin media account to unlimited and whilst doing that we made sure that we were recieving just about the max speed from the broadband line, which was then 1.75mbps.
Recently we have been having speed issues, my partner, and I unable to use the programs which we purchased broadband for. This weekend we decided to investigate further and talk to virgin about why our line had degraded to around 400kbps. We spent about 3 hours on the phone on Saturday and basically, we got nowhere, but being shoved from department to department. So I decided to see what other brooadband providers could give me, with the intention of cancelling my broadband. This led to discovery that my line is now capable of only 500kbps MAX.
I do understand that the line quality can reduce drastically, but to these levels without being informed, and for my partner and I shellling out for something we basically can only use for things like whining on forums. I just wanted to know if there is anything we can do maybe for them to look into this, as it feels like I'm back to dial-up.

eboni
30-10-2009, 19:25
No one got any ideas?

Ignitionnet
30-10-2009, 19:49
Regrettably this forum is best for cable issues, and even then there's a couple of posters who haven't a clue what they are talking about but will happily feed you absolute nonsense as fact.

I suggest you go to the forum on http://www.thinkbroadband.com ADSL, which is how your service is delivered, is what these guys do really. Check it out, either the Virgin ADSL or the General Broadband Chatter sections of the forum both will be helpful.

eboni
30-10-2009, 22:03
thanks for the info. Will be getting cable soon....hope I wont regret it