PDA

View Full Version : They canceled my app with 1 hour to go

Gavin78
29-10-2009, 17:12
ordered a V+ box 3 weeks ago with a date to install today 1-6 pm and I got a call yesterday to remind me that they were coming today.

Gets to 5pm and they call to tell me that it is now canceled I ask why they couldn't have told me sooner as I have now wasted a days Annual Leave, he said that they have run out of V+ boxes

I live in Leeds he said they tried to get some from Bradford 15miles or so from me and they had also ran out, I told him that this was good enough and they should know what they have in stock when placing orders.

He then told me that I will get a call from Virgin in the next few weeks with a new app date as if I can f,ing drop everything like that?

I'm that :mad: at the moment I feel like telling them to shove all there services where the sun dont shine. I can't believe I have wasted a days leave from work

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

sorry posted this in the wrong section

Kymmy
29-10-2009, 17:27
sorry posted this in the wrong section

Moved to Installation

Gavin78
29-10-2009, 17:49
I've just rung Virginmedia....

Spoke to an english women, who went away to check with installation left me holding for 20 mins??

Was told that there was no boxes left in my area and certain other areas and they dont know when they will be getting any back in, they would have to ring us during the week to let us know (I doubt they'll ring) women said they might if boxes come in be able to come and install it a week this saturday. I said fine if not they can shove it I said infact I'm not happy full stop about this considering I got a call yesterday to say they were coming today and they should know what they have in stock or not so they know they can cover current appointments.

I told her I might consider Sky because of this poor service, her response was "thats upto you"

I told her I wanted a credit on my account for them canceling my appointment at the last minute considering I had to take a whole days annual leave and that if I hadn't been in they would have charged me. She said no we wouldn't have as it was for an installation and we dont charge for missed apps with them only for repairs and we did give you some notice of cancellation so we wont be crediting your account.

So poor attitude, I might keep my BB standalone and move over to sky I've been happy with V service so far no probs but I work for the NHS I can't just take days off when V think its better for them I have a shift rota usually 3/4 weeks in advance and I am not waiting in all day again for them to just run out of boxes.

popping over to sky site now to see what they can offer

Digital Fanatic
29-10-2009, 19:00
I've just rung Virginmedia....

Spoke to an english women, who went away to check with installation left me holding for 20 mins??

Was told that there was no boxes left in my area and certain other areas and they dont know when they will be getting any back in, they would have to ring us during the week to let us know (I doubt they'll ring) women said they might if boxes come in be able to come and install it a week this saturday. I said fine if not they can shove it I said infact I'm not happy full stop about this considering I got a call yesterday to say they were coming today and they should know what they have in stock or not so they know they can cover current appointments.

I told her I might consider Sky because of this poor service, her response was "thats upto you"

I told her I wanted a credit on my account for them canceling my appointment at the last minute considering I had to take a whole days annual leave and that if I hadn't been in they would have charged me. She said no we wouldn't have as it was for an installation and we dont charge for missed apps with them only for repairs and we did give you some notice of cancellation so we wont be crediting your account.

So poor attitude, I might keep my BB standalone and move over to sky I've been happy with V service so far no probs but I work for the NHS I can't just take days off when V think its better for them I have a shift rota usually 3/4 weeks in advance and I am not waiting in all day again for them to just run out of boxes.

popping over to sky site now to see what they can offer

Hi Gavin,

sorry to hear whats happened to you... I'm sure they tried their best to get you a V+.... it won't just be orders for V+ boxes, it will be boxes needed for swap outs/repairs, so they probably did have stock when you ordered... doesn't make it any better for you I know :(

My sister is having loads of trouble with Sky at the moment... so grass isn't always greener etc....

DeeTee
09-12-2009, 20:06
Hmmm!. Similar experience to me. I am currently with Sky and decided to swap to virgin. So its a total telephone, tv and broadband swap. I have had 4 calls in the last few days to confirm they are coming tommorrow morning. I received a call at 13:30 today from the installation engineer to confirm he was coming and what he was going to do. Got home at 5pm to find a telephone message from VM left at 14:54 saying they were cancelling my installation due to over commitment. Next available date is over a month away. I have taken a day off work, I have also cancelled my Sky with effect from middle of this month so I am faced with a month with no telephone, tv or internet and a lost day off. Since when was this even remotely acceptable? Cancelling with less than 24 hours notice? I don't think so. Why waste my time with the courtesy confirmation calls? Why have the installation engineer call to confirm his visit? Why have the ground works team turn up this morning to ensure the connection was there and the groundworks exposed?

I am supposed to phone tomorrow at 9.30am to talk to the 'installation manager'. I can honestly say, unless he comes up with something special I will be straight onto the phone to Sky and stick with them. Then VM can refund my deposit and compensate for lost day off. As an Airline Captain I can assure you that my time is not cheap and my daily rate is quite exceptional. :mad: