PDA

View Full Version : 7 engineer visits to identify fault (still not fixed)

stann0
29-10-2009, 16:19
My landline has been playing up for over a year. In that time I've had 7 separate VM engineer visits (each requiring time off work), only for the fault to re-occour days later.

The last two visits (last week and today) both identified faulty cabling between my house and the road. The guy last week said he could swap a couple of wires over to avoid having to replace the cable - fool - it was broken again as soon as he left.

Finally on today's visit I have been told that my cabling will be replaced - in 3 weeks!

So in 15 months my landline has only worked properly for a few weeks, and I've had to take 7 half-days off work. My phone still isn't working and I have to wait a further 3 weeks. Does this seem like a reasonable level of service?

Mr_Moo
29-10-2009, 16:49
So they've finally decided to do a re-pull, after 15 months. Nice.

Get onto customer services and demand to be credited for the past 15 months. Also ask them to kindly ring your boss and have the 7 days holiday credited back as well, but I think you'll struggle ;)

12noon
29-10-2009, 20:42
I had a re-pull a few years ago. Over the last month or so my phone has started playing up. Today the TV, Internet & phone went off. My wife phoned up and got the TV & Internet working again, but 11 hours later and the phone still doesn't work. I think Virgin are going to have to come out and have a look. I hope i don't have our problems.

Welshchris
29-10-2009, 21:11
I remember weeks ago my land line was dead, no incoming or outgoing calls and i didnt know it was an area outage. I rang Virgin from a mates Phone and i explained that my landline was dead and couldnt make or recieve calls and then was asked "Are u ringing from that number now sir!" GGRRRR!!

stann0
30-10-2009, 09:36
An update - I've just realised that I've been given a 1-6pm appointment, which means taking the whole day off work. I rang to try and get this changed to 4-7 (considering my case history I thought I'd have some sympathy) but was told there are no evening appointments left until February 2010.

I was also told it is a 2-man job. The length of cable that needs replacing is under 3 metres, and all at waist height. Why the **** does this take 2 people? If I had the cable I could do it myself in 10 minutes tops.

pabscars
30-10-2009, 10:27
An update - I've just realised that I've been given a 1-6pm appointment, which means taking the whole day off work. I rang to try and get this changed to 4-7 (considering my case history I thought I'd have some sympathy) but was told there are no evening appointments left until February 2010.

I was also told it is a 2-man job. The length of cable that needs replacing is under 3 metres, and all at waist height. Why the **** does this take 2 people? If I had the cable I could do it myself in 10 minutes tops.

Elf n Safedy probably, i bet your well chuffed.

At least it would appear your problem has finally been diagnosed, so take some comfort in knowing your persistence has paid off.