PDA

View Full Version : New Install

MagicMan
29-10-2009, 14:20
I've recently moved back into a Virgin area and went on the website to sign up for BB Only. I noticed that I was asked for a date where there would be somebody in at my address for delivery of equipment but no mention was made of an engineer to actually do an install. I know the previous occupier has had Virgin as I can see the kit on the wall, is it just a case of me plugging the modem in and setting up the router when it arrives?

Kymmy
29-10-2009, 14:21
Did you choose self install?? Just that for an engineer install the equipment is brought by the tech and is not sent via courier

MagicMan
29-10-2009, 15:00
Yeah I chose self install - wasnt't going to pay £30 for somebody to plug a couple of cables in. How long has self install been offered? Not that it matters, I just seem to remember they always used to send an engineer out.
Thanks

Kymmy
29-10-2009, 15:15
Nope the self install is when you have the wiring and just need to plug in the modem (or V box as it's available on the TV package (not V+ or 50Mb) and ring up for activation..

An engineer is only sent out if you have a technical problem with the self install

Peter_
29-10-2009, 15:55
I've recently moved back into a Virgin area and went on the website to sign up for BB Only. I noticed that I was asked for a date where there would be somebody in at my address for delivery of equipment but no mention was made of an engineer to actually do an install. I know the previous occupier has had Virgin as I can see the kit on the wall, is it just a case of me plugging the modem in and setting up the router when it arrives?
Click this link and then click Quickstart as that is the option that you have chosen.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/help/installation.html