PDA

View Full Version : Missed Installation - Help Please

Begize
28-10-2009, 18:38
I'm posting this on behalf of my parents who were due to have VM phone, bb and TV installed today (28th).

When no one turned up, they rung CS to be told that the install had been cancelled and someone had spoken to my parents to tell them yesterday. When they explained that they had been in all day yesterday and no one had phoned, the explanation changed to a message being left on their answering machine (which it wasn't) and then on their BT voicemail (which they don't have).

They now have a new install date of 17th November but the problem is, they've arranged to have their existing Orange BB ceased from tonight and Virgin arranged with BT to have the phone line ceased on 5th November.

Obviously they are not very happy. Firstly the missed appointment and then the seeming blatant lying by CS to cover it up and secondly the fact they are now going to be without broadband for three weeks.

They also weren't particularly thrilled when CS told them they had to ring BT themselves to tell them not to cease the phone line because they didn't have all their details. Funny enough they did have enough details to contact BT before to arrange the disconnection....

My Dad is furious with Virgin especially having spent 45 minutes on the 0845 number to India and being cut off when trying to sort all this out.

I've advised him to call back early tomorrow when he might be able to get someone a bit more senior (and possibly in the UK) to deal with it. I've also suggested he ring BT anyway just to make sure the line doesn't get cut off - no broadband is a pain but no phone would be worse in an emergency. I've also suggested he might want to press them for some kind of rebate on the bill - to my mind he should get at least a £20 missed appoint fee as a gesture of goodwill.

Can anyone else offer any help / suggestions?

Begize
29-10-2009, 18:13
Well, problem solved.

My Dad spoke to Virgin who weren't able to help so has cancelled his order and decided to stay with BT, Freeview and broadband supplier TBA.

Well done Virgin, another happy potential customer.

GazzaB
29-10-2009, 20:51
Well I would say I was surprised but then again maybe not! This takes back to my working days at NTL and customers calling me to complain about missed/cancelled appointments. The name changes but it appears the service standard doesn't.