PDA

View Full Version : wall socket cable and coaxial cable

nieuk
28-10-2009, 17:37
Hi,

I am new customer of the Virgin Media and already not a happy one..
I only received a box with all equipment today and when trying to connect the coaxial cable (green tip) to the cable in the wall socket i realised they dont fit because they are both Male connections. I understand that the problem is in the cable in a wall socket. but previous tenants were using the cable and it all worked just fine.
The wall socket cable has a gold/brown metal end with blue coloured finish. To me it looks like there should be female to female adapter that would accept the green tip coaxial cable.
I was on a phone with Virgin for last 2 hours but nobody was able to tell me what i need. they only bookedengineer to come over after 3 weeks!! thats crazy!

So my question is/are: can i buy such adapter? what is it called and where is it available.

Thank you

Tech_Boy
28-10-2009, 19:40
you can get them from maplins
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1638

nieuk
28-10-2009, 20:55
Thanks very much ill give it a try tomorrow, if it works u should get a job in Virgin and u would probably be the only competent person in the whole company ;)

Tech_Boy
28-10-2009, 21:23
Thanks very much ill give it a try tomorrow, if it works u should get a job in Virgin and u would probably be the only competent person in the whole company ;)

I used to work in an outsourced VM callcenter, never again, possibly if employed directly by VM, but not for Inept Business Management & Moronpower.