PDA

View Full Version : Apologies if this has been on before but....

Loic
28-10-2009, 17:27
I have just moved house (again) into the RG2 postcode. I have a freeview capable digi tv and a freeview box. The antenna on the house appears to be a wideband digital capable antenna (Black ends) and normally the signal we receive is of a good quality.

I believe we receive from Hannington (ant direction) and the tv diagnostics say Berksire and North hampshire for the Broadcast antenna.

Every day between 17:00 and 17:30 and intermittantly afterwoods the image and sound is broken up, almost as though individual packets were not being received. (I have only ever seen this working with aircraft that are moving around the receive antenna.)

Does anybody else get this problem, does anybody else have any idea what could be causing it? Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance.

Loic

Kymmy
28-10-2009, 17:44
If it's every day at a certain time then that's interference from an unknown source, likely to be local and probably a radio transmitter..

You might need to contact OFCOM and the relevant webpage is
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/inter/tv/terrestrial/

nodrogd
29-10-2009, 16:48
Are you still able to look at the analogue picture from the aerial. Is there interference on that at the same time, or does it affect only digital?