PDA

View Full Version : Phone line installation cock up

dojoman47
28-10-2009, 12:46
Sorry for the following rant, but here goes anyway. Arranged to have phone line installed last Thursday with BT number being ported over. Engineer arrived and completed installation, only took 5 minutes as already had phone line of them a few years ago. Away he went supposedly all done, went upsatairs to use phone and guess what? no dial tone. Straight on to CS, no extension installation booked, could not come back that day, earliest appt the following Thursday, WTF. No one had asked me if there was any extension at the house. Also my BT number had not been ported over, straight back on to CS. Unfortunately got through to Indian CS, who tried to tell me it would be done within 24 hours.Next day, still no number change Kept, ringing until I managed to get through to British CS. Asked about my number being ported and she said it had not been ordered, even though all the details were on file and had been since the 5th of October when I rang through with them. Initially she said the earliest date would be 14 th of November, so I said no and if that is the case to cancel all my services. She then said it could be the 4th of November, so reluctantly I agreed to this, she also agreed to refund me my installation fee which again I accepted. Today I receive a letter from BT to say my number will be moved from them on the 12th of November. Straight on to CS again, anyway she confirmed that it will be done on the 4th, Ha I am starting to lose patience with VM, very quickly. I then asked about a goodwill gesture as I was now paying for 2 land lines and she agreed to refund me my first months rental, but to be honest I do not think this is good enoug and I am still thinking of quitting them altogether. I have been with them since Oct 2001 and to be honest I think their service stinks. What does anyone else think about theiur "gestures"