PDA

View Full Version : Customer services stoop to new low

Retrovertigo
28-10-2009, 12:27
Well, I think my woes here in Manchester have been well documented here so far.

Following on from further speed problems, a guy at retentions [mod edit: CS name removed] offered me £1 off my current £30 per month for 20meg. He promised me - yes promised - that this was a continuing discount, following on from a call I had with an area manager.

However, I get a letter this morning, welcoming me to Virgin Media and my new 12 month contract. I have called CS and basically they aren't willing to do a thing about it. Despite me getting 3meg most of the day, they want me tied to a new 12 month contract, or for me to go back to paying £37 per month for it.

I mentioned [mod edit: CS name removed] name several times, but they said there is nothing they can do. At one point they mentioned calls are recorded, but when I asked them to check the call, they said it wouldn't be recorded anywhere!

So, there you go. CS can give out names and promises, be lying through their teeth, and VM won't do a damn thing about it.

Needless to say this is the straw that broke the camels back. I told the guy I would sign up with Sky and he said "you'll be lucky if you get 4meg" - I pointed out that 4meg is better than the 3 meg I currently get, and is a third of the price as well!

It is a bit rich when they have just lied through their teeth to me, and yet try slagging off the competition!

Kymmy
28-10-2009, 12:36
Please do not name CS agents on the forum

Retrovertigo
28-10-2009, 12:48
Ah apologies. I did it as "proof" someone had given me their name. Though to be fair, his actions hardly earn him anonymity in my eyes.

Edit: it seems it depends on who you speak to at CS. I have just called them about where to write to complain about staff members, and the girl I spoke to instantly stuck me back on the disocunted price no questions asked. She was from the same dept as I had spoken to earlier, yet didn't have an issue with sorting me out.

Why do I never encounter problems like this with any other utility provider? It is always VM who I seem to get varying answers from depending on which member of staff you speak to. Infuriating.

lowei
28-10-2009, 13:38
Sounds like PMT,,,,

broadbandking
28-10-2009, 13:41
All companies have good and bad people working for them, mainly people lie as they have targets to hit and need to make sure that do what they can to hit those targets, however if have been misled I apolisge as this should not be the way, however speaking to the retentions team isn't going to sort your problem, you need to ring tech support and post on the newsgroups.

If the area needs more capcity adding this can take a while due to ordering equipment, man power, cost and lots more (which people dont understand)

As for the calls been recorded these are for training purposes and there is no way of any CS rep knowing if the call has been recorded plus this is for internal use so will not help your arguement in any way so its not VM fault its the agent and as pointed out posting his names on these forum can cause more issues for him.

Plus the Mod on here can contact the higher ups and see if they can help, best bet call tech support and log the fault call them after 0800 in the weekdays, then log it on the newsgroups if still you have no joy pm and mod and see if they can help.

Retrovertigo
28-10-2009, 14:08
I have done everything I can to chase up the problems in my area. Including having the area manager call me himself to apologise and say they are aware of the issues. But even then they lied, saying they needed to "gather evidence from customers" that the speed was really bad. When I was then informed here, that in fact they can monitor speeds very easily.

This was my last resort to at least get a token gesture until the speeds are sorted. Heck, the twitter team have said they are going to try and get my reimbursement when it is sorted because they have acknowledged how bad it is where I live.

I'm aware that there is a bigger picture involved in improving speeds, but as long as VM admit there is a problem, while still shoving mailshots through the door every five minutes, pimping for customers where I live, then it is only ever going to get worse sadly.

Gary L
28-10-2009, 14:15
and the girl I spoke to instantly stuck me back on the disocunted price no questions asked.

Which will probably be took back off again when the dust has settled :)

Retrovertigo
28-10-2009, 14:19
Which will probably be took back off again when the dust has settled :)

Haha, I did think that, but she has emailed me with details of what she offered me, so I do have tangible proof now.

AdamD
28-10-2009, 14:27
I was offered a monthly recurring discount on my new, 50mb package, because they'd somehow wiped my account at VM and cancelled my broadband

It took about 2 hours to get it all sorted out again (See my other thread about the awesome customer service rep)
The other billing/customer service rep I spoke to during this decided to apply a monthly discount as a sorry/thankyou for your patience type deal
I to received a new contract through the post and it does indeed show the discount
I just hope it actually applies each month heh.