PDA

View Full Version : Seems to be a bit of confusion here...

Quiet_news
26-10-2009, 19:54
:cool:

As much as I like to take credit for all things good by VM :cool:

People have been PMing me with account problems .. Virgin Media are very strict with Data protection and processes and I wouldn't want to cause any problems for other people.

Think of me as a source of information :D ask me anything you like, but please be aware your details are protected by laws and regulations.

I will not make changes to your account or access your details. This is to protect you as a customer and to allow Virgin Media to measure the amount of faults coming into our support teams.

I'm sorry if I have given the wrong impression :gpoint:

Peter_
26-10-2009, 20:00
It is the same with all staff members we cannot accept or use any data that identifies who you are as that would be a breach of the Data Protection Act as stated above.

So please do not PM or post any private account information to us as we cannot accept it or put it into the system.

We will still provide as much help as we can using our knowledge of the systems and faults that we deal with in our day to day work.

Quiet_news
26-10-2009, 20:56
Yeah Moldova, there is a misconception that I am in some way changing accounts. When in fact everything is logged and I'm well aware of the law.

Anyway, I think to save disappointment I will end my account here.

Thank you to everyone for your kind welcomes, I know I wasn't here long but its a nice place, please remember to keep your details safe and if you don't want to call in you can always use the newsgroups ..

Raistlin
26-10-2009, 21:00
.....and on that rather dissapointing note.....Thread Closed.

Please could I ask everybody to re-read this post: Requesting Help on Cable Forum (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/50213-requesting-help-on-cable-forum.html)

I will be so bold as to suggest that if we're to continue receiving the excellent assistance that we do from the VM staff that post here in their own time it will be necessary for all of us to be more mindful of its content.

Mick
27-10-2009, 00:44
Quiet_news - If you do get to read this - you are welcome to register again under another alias and *hide the fact you were known as Quiet_news* under the new alias, that's if you wish to.