PDA

View Full Version : I want to change my landline number

gordies
26-10-2009, 15:54
due to nuisance calls etc I need to change my landline number.

Am I going to get charged for this and who do I ring?

thanks.

Toto
26-10-2009, 17:19

thanks.

You need to call VM customer support. Nuisance calls should be investigated by the police, who can identify offenders in conjunction with Virgin Media.

I believe in most cases you will be charged

darren.b
26-10-2009, 21:22
Why let the offenders win and force you the inconvenience and cost? I've never taken the easy option against such criminals.

Let them ring and make a nuisance, report it to VM and the police. It's not your fault - let the offender pay the price for their behaviour. They will be caught.

One ex's ex thought it funny to call my mobile from his friend's landline issuing the usual playground threats, allowing me to listen to him urinating, farting and eating. I didn't hang up and kept him chatting away for over two hours. Before I went to bed I reminded him who called who, and that he called a mobile. And who was paying for the call.

He hung up immediately and didn't do it again :D

Welshchris
26-10-2009, 21:36
i enquired about this as i was getting harrassing calls from my ex and his parents and Virgin Told me even though its harrassment there was still a £10 charge.

Peter_
26-10-2009, 21:37

thanks.
Rather than change your number just have it so it does not accept anonymous calls then you can give anyones number stupid enough to call to the Police.

That is all I did after a few stupid calls in the middle of the night and they stopped calling.

highway1
26-10-2009, 22:28
i change my number without problem or fee . i was with for 11 month @ time.
if they give u s?*t then say ur leave them. and re join day later and they give u a new number.