PDA

View Full Version : We pay too much and on packages that no longer exist

mattysouthall
25-10-2009, 15:56
Need help, we have been with cable since it was telewest, blueyonder now virgin. about 15 years.

We have hardly any tv channels, when i mean hardly i mean the lowest tv package ever, i don't even think the tv package we are on exists anymore.
We have 20mb broadband and a low phone package, i think we have the free weekend calls that's it.

We pay £63 a month. Now iv'e priced up 50mb broadband, xxl tv with v+ and large phone package and it comes to £63 a month with just a £95 setup fee.

What can i do about this, should i ring them immediatly, what number is best to call to get this sorted out? we pay a rediculous price and we have hardly anything.

edit: also got new hd tv coming tuesday, it doesn't have scart on the back but the box we have is scart, can we get a new free box from virgin with hdmi or something otherwise we can't watch tv.

xocemp
25-10-2009, 16:03
Calling BenMcr, come in BenMcr.

mattysouthall
25-10-2009, 16:05
Calling BenMcr, come in BenMcr.

Whos this guy? im new to the forums i have browsed around alot but never registered to post anything until now i want to do something about this.

xocemp
25-10-2009, 16:09
Ben is our resident know it all when it comes to packages and pricing.
Give it time and he'll spot this post and reply.

hemelvirgin
25-10-2009, 16:32
hi,
been with VM since 8-10-09 on VIP package (BB XL)
chkd to see upgrade to xxl (50MB) my self care web site quotes £37 upto £52 a month,seems a lot.

Hugh
25-10-2009, 16:34
That's because you have current discounts for having the VIP package - going for BB upgrade means you are coming out of the discounted package (ttbomk).

zing_deleted
25-10-2009, 16:38
hi,
chkd to see upgrade to xxl (50MB) my self care web site quotes £37 upto £52 a month,seems a lot.

thats the bullplop price a discount should show on your account to make it £28 if you have a phone line. This is the point that gets on the back of a lot of people.

You will have to take a new package contract as if you change a package they tend to screw you

mattysouthall
25-10-2009, 16:46
Can we stay on my topic and not hijack my thread please, im just waiting for BenMcr to see what he can do to help me out. The packages im on now are terrible and expensive.

RobboEdin
25-10-2009, 17:04
hi,

Do not upgrade via Selfcare - IT IS WRONG!

The list price for BB XXL is £45 not £52 and compares with £37 for BB XL. Before anyone gets uppity, these are the prices as shown on bills before discounting.

It will cost you £8 per month extra to have BB XXL in your VIP bundle, rather then BB XL.

There are, of course, the one-off installation and activation costs to consider. They are £35 and £20 respectively if I recall correctly. For these fees you get an engineer install and an N router and N dongle thrown in.

hemelvirgin
25-10-2009, 17:51
ok thanks ,will keep clear of self care.
will way things up further into my 12 months contract to see how the prices compare to the competition nearer the time.

will re-check with the experts here before deciding

mattysouthall
25-10-2009, 19:57
Anyone on my problem?

xocemp
25-10-2009, 20:02
Matty, this isn't an official VirginMedia help/support website, with this in mind people will post when and if they wish to.
You could always call 150 from a VM phone line and ask what is available to you.

zing_deleted
25-10-2009, 20:04
What tv is it your buying? no scart ? that is rare. The V+ box is HDMI

I priced up XXL BB XL TV and M phone and it come to £60 seems the price for Vbox and V+ if you are on XL tv is the same

broadbandking
26-10-2009, 07:44
Can we stay on my topic and not hijack my thread please, im just waiting for BenMcr to see what he can do to help me out. The packages im on now are terrible and expensive.

One think I will say call VM and ask about upgrading call after 0800 in the week, as for HDMI you'll need a V+ which £75 one off and £5 a month unless your on XL TV.