PDA

View Full Version : dlink 615 ready for the bin

the1whosmokes
24-10-2009, 22:26
Hi all my router has developed an illness symptons as follows.

bb down the cable line so no adsl!, worked till a few hours ago ive just rearranged my network around the house hooked up everything correctly!!!, bb works through modem so am able to connect.

Wireless dlink 615 router hooked up correctly but no lights bar the power light comes on.

1. have tried 3 different resets on router the soft touch hard touch and crash touch router will not reset or come on just power light.

2. been to the ip address in my browser thinking i can reset update ect from there but i keep knocking but its not letting me in.

3. from pc and laptop have run ipconfig just shows nothing connected no ip address altho everything is still hooked up and should be working perfectly.

4. have tried numoursly to shut router off wait then reboot to no avail.

Question is the router fried or am i missing something here?

Peter_
24-10-2009, 22:29
If its a Virgin supplied router phone Tech Support as it is obviously faulty

the1whosmokes
24-10-2009, 22:32
do you have a non premium telephone number for them please as i notice your on the payroll you might have a better contact than i.

Peter_
24-10-2009, 22:38
do you have a non premium telephone number for them please as i notice your on the payroll you might have a better contact than i.
The only numbers that actually work are below.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

All the ones on here I believe now tell you to ring the above numbers http://www.saynoto0870.com/

If on a mobile ask them to call you back.

Tech_Boy
24-10-2009, 22:38
there is NO premium rate number, its 151 (free) from a VM land line or 0845 454 1111 via any other line.
Moldova beat me again ;-}

jellyfish
25-10-2009, 11:12

gop to newsgroup

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

say your router is faulty and a new will be ordered

my WGR614V9 was faulty, posted on the newsgroup and one got delivered within 3 days so was very happy with service.

Peter_
25-10-2009, 12:34
gop to newsgroup

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

say your router is faulty and a new will be ordered

my WGR614V9 was faulty, posted on the newsgroup and one got delivered within 3 days so was very happy with service.
Here is the relevant link to help set it up.

Tech Support via Newsgroups.

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable is the one that you want to use and here is the set up link http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up-outlook-express-exntl.php

the1whosmokes
25-10-2009, 19:32
Thanks for the link guys have posted message will await there response.