PDA

View Full Version : I've come to the darkside....

SB_07
21-10-2009, 04:20
yes, i've ordered a PS3 and it should be here on Thursday.

Which games are essential to have in your opinion? I'm already going to get Uncharted 1 (2 after), Blood siren & MGS4 and i already have MLB the show on it's way to me.

Is there anything i should know regarding settings, updates etc?

:monkey:

zing_deleted
21-10-2009, 10:37
I love Fight Night round 4 myself and singstar for the family lol

Graham M
21-10-2009, 10:42
Guitar Hero is great if you're into that sort of thing :)

grandmaster
21-10-2009, 13:59
I love halflife (the orange box)

Nothing really to tell about updates, you get a message saying an update is available and the PS3 downloads it..

Bulky
21-10-2009, 19:18
Killzone 2 is a must play imo :)

cimt
21-10-2009, 19:20
Killzone 2 and inFamous are both excellent games.

SB_07
22-10-2009, 21:38
Thanks for the ideas guys. The PS3 came today and it's better than i expected, the media server is awesome, there's not loads of bright in your face stuff like there is on the 360 dashboard and IT'S QUIET.

Looking forward to getting a couple of games tomorrow.

Tezcatlipoca
22-10-2009, 21:52
Uncharted 1 & 2, and MGS4, are three of the system's "must have games" IMO, & they're already on your list.

If you like platformers, and/or are creative, you may enjoy LittleBigPlanet. I loved it, plus it's quite cheap now.

If you're a fan of hack 'n' slash action games, there's Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, & Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2. Personally, I found DMC4 boring & NG1 too frustrating. I loved Heavenly Sword though. Nothing deep, but a good story, very cinematic, & some fun action.

Also, God of War 1 & 2 (two of the PS2's most acclaimed games) are coming to the PS3 soon on one disc as the "God of War Collection", remastered at 720p with AA & 60FPS. The UK/Europe release is "some time in 2010", but it's out (region free) in the US in November & can be bought online from places like Movietyme.com for around £26.

Not played Killzone 2, but have heard it's very good.

Resistance 1 & 2 are pretty good FPS. Not outstanding, but good fun & now on budget.

Some PSN Games I'd recommend (like XBLA games) are Super Stardust HD, Riff Everyday Shooter, & Wipeout HD.

You mention media... If you currently use WMP11 to stream, I'd recommend switching to PS3 Media Server (http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/). Streams more than WMP11, & will transcode anything the PS3 doesn't natively support.

Also, if you have any .mkv files, you can play them on the PS3 without transcoding (so long as the audio is AC-3). They just need to be re-muxed into a PS3-compatible container (such as .m2ts) using something like TSmuxeR or mkv2vob. mkv2vob will also transcode DTS to AC-3 for those files that have DTS instead of AC-3. Or, just stream .mkv files using PS3 Media Server / TVersity, as both will re-mux on the fly.

Oh, & get yourself signed up to PSN & whack your ID in here (if you want to share it):

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/18/33611682-playstation-network-psn-ids.html