PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Cut my Live Cable and dont bother to fix it

xeeshanxp
20-10-2009, 20:50
Hi can you please suggest me any solution...Virgin media cut my live cable on Wednesday 14th of October and not able to fix it till 2nd week of November....this is Rubbish service..Please give me any advice

Nedkelly
20-10-2009, 21:50
That is a long time what area are you in ? as it must be busy :)

xeeshanxp
21-10-2009, 11:23
I am living in East Croydon and my post code starts from CR0 ....this is not good how do i make this faster because its a long wait......Virgin Staffs are bunch of liars ...the person name Anday came on Monday 19th October at 8.15am i explained him all the things...He said I am calling my manager and call you back around 9 or 10 but he never called me...absolute liars

Raistlin
21-10-2009, 14:32
Moved to 'Installation Issues'.

webcrawler2050
21-10-2009, 14:33
Hi can you please suggest me any solution...Virgin media cut my live cable on Wednesday 14th of October and not able to fix it till 2nd week of November....this is Rubbish service..Please give me any advice

Get on to them again. Try and get the date pushed forward and then go through to CS and get the necessary credits for your "downtime"

Stuart
21-10-2009, 14:42
xeeshanxp, if you send me your real name, address, account number and a contact phone number, I can refer this to our contacts within VM. I am not sure if they'll be able to help, but we can try.

Mr_Moo
21-10-2009, 17:14
Alternatively post on:

http://community.virginmedia.com/

webcrawler2050
21-10-2009, 17:16
Alternatively post on:

http://community.virginmedia.com/

Wont get you know where - about as much use as a chocolate fireguard...

Details to Stuart will be "better"

Mr_Moo
21-10-2009, 17:29
Someone high up seems to be helping the telco side a lot and pushing things forward.

I've not really looked in other forums, so can't really answer for these.

jungleguy
21-10-2009, 21:15
How did VM cut your cable?

Also Faults for active customers get resolved quicker than new customer installs. Can you give us some more information.

xeeshanxp
22-10-2009, 10:30
I dont know why they cut my cable...I know it a Gross Mistake of cutting someone live cable but the pitty is that they are not willing to fix it quickly I am living in east croydon and my post code starts from cr0....the person who came to sort out the fault on moday Andy 19th of October promise me to call me back after spoken to his Manager about this issue but he never call me back.............

webcrawler2050
22-10-2009, 10:32
I dont know why they cut my cable...I know it a Gross Mistake of cutting someone live cable but the pitty is that they are not willing to fix it quickly I am living in east croydon and my post code starts from cr0....the person who came to sort out the fault on moday Andy 19th of October promise me to call me back after spoken to his Manager about this issue but he never call me back.............

We are going to need more information to be honest. How, where, when etc?

xeeshanxp
22-10-2009, 11:58
How...because the Virgin media guys is not trained properly or he might be drunk.
Where...in East Croydon at Cr0 Post code
When....on 14th of October 2009

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

I live in a house which is converted into three flats Flat 1 , 2 and 3 offically.I live in Flat 3 its a top flat.Now the person who live in flat 2 requested Virgin media connection. So on 14th October Mr virgin came to do the installation on his flat and he cut my cable and now i can see only new shinning cable for Flat 2 but my cable is gone.I think he cut my cable and used it to pull a new cable for flat 2 from the cabinet.

jungleguy
22-10-2009, 19:23
do you live in a house share? has someone else moved in and ordered services so as to cancel your account? What do customer services say the problem is? Has the cable actually been physically cut?

just read the additional stuff. Virginmedia only allow one account at an address, although your address has been split into 3 flats on VM data base it will state only 1 address. I guess your bills form VM only come addressed to the house number, and do not include the flat number.

CS services will now need to reactivate your account, and your neighbor will need a visit from a spotter.

xeeshanxp
22-10-2009, 19:36
Address is Officially converted into three flat and on national database it shows three addresses .....cable is cut physically....Latest update is they call me and they are going to fix it tomorrow....I am really thank full to all the members who support me in this endeavour.

jungleguy
22-10-2009, 21:41
national data base is irrelevant, your bills from VM are they addressed to Flat ?, or just the house number?

It maybe that there is only 1 drop cable supplying you, in which case they need to pull a new cable. Can you please answer the questions I raise as accurately as possible.

how do you know the cable is cut?

have you paid your bill?

the most important question is how your address looks on your VM bill? Is it totally accurate to your address?

xeeshanxp
23-10-2009, 08:06
How do i know my cable is cut ?? I have seen it with my eyes and than the Virgin Chap who came on Monday explain me that they use my wire to pull another cable from main box, he further told me that they are not allowed to cut any live cable and its a gross misconduct.
I ALWAYS PAID MY BILLS DIRECT DEBIT...............well i am sure they are coming to fix it today sometime and i will let you know in detail what actually happen....Thanks all for your support and help

Stuart
23-10-2009, 13:17
I've been notified by VM that the issue should now be resolved.

xeeshanxp
23-10-2009, 14:11
Yes the issue is resolved around 10 today thanks every one

webcrawler2050
23-10-2009, 15:10
Yes the issue is resolved around 10 today thanks every one

I hope your getting the necessary credits for this wierdness

xeeshanxp
23-10-2009, 16:10
i am crossing my finger

xeeshanxp
27-10-2009, 12:16
Guys need your help again my phone fixed only on friday and saturday and than its dead again can you please help me

webcrawler2050
27-10-2009, 12:17
Guys need your help again my phone fixed only on friday and saturday and than its dead again can you please help me

Have you got a dial tone?

Rang tech support?

xeeshanxp
27-10-2009, 12:53
No dial tone phone is completely dead

webcrawler2050
27-10-2009, 13:10
No dial tone phone is completely dead

Have you rang tech support first?

Ben B
27-10-2009, 13:59
Check if there is an outage @ http://status2.virginmedia.com