PDA

View Full Version : Have I got all the bits

Pieman
20-10-2009, 13:57
Hi All

UPS have just delivered my new Wireless N Router ready for the 20Mb BB switch on (Am leaving my corporate BT ADSL Service).... but I'm now confused.

I have one of the black V+ boxes
I have opted for self install....

I was told that I would run a cable from the wall into the cable modem. I did say to the chap in Glasgow would I be getting a separate modem - he said yes.

Now all thats come through is the D-link DIR-615 router......with a covering VM letter saying - please find enclosed your NETGEAR (!) Wireless N BB Router

He also said he would ask for a longer cable for the modem to router - I've got the standard 1m ish lead. Lucky I have a few longer ethernet cables.

Are we still using the modem inside the V+ boxes? Should I be expecting a separate cable modem?

Thanks in advance - Pieman

SnoopZ
20-10-2009, 14:06
You will need a separate modem for your installation. It sounds like they sent a router instead of a modem unless you were expecting that? The V+ has never been used as a modem.

Pieman
20-10-2009, 14:36
Thanks - I thought as much!!!!

They have sent the Router......now lets play hunt the modem! On the phone now,.....

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

OK = spoke to CS who said 3 days before I get one!.....he then transferred me to the QuickStart team.....spoke to a very nice young lady there who has checked and found the order only stated BB Router!

Anyway many thanks to Sarah (if you read this) - I should be having the CM delivered tomorrow......

SnoopZ
20-10-2009, 14:48
Good luck you get it connected up ok. :)

Pieman
21-10-2009, 23:42
Modem turned up today - all connected up - wireless configured - hit the activation page then ......please call us to activate the modem....

Checking the book 8am-10pm............ah well still have the corporate connection for a few more days.......

Peter_
22-10-2009, 06:29
Modem turned up today - all connected up - wireless configured - hit the activation page then ......please call us to activate the modem....

Checking the book 8am-10pm............ah well still have the corporate connection for a few more days.......
You now need to call Quickstart on 0800 953 9500 to activate your services.

Pieman
22-10-2009, 10:39
yep - will call them when at home later.......

Pieman
23-10-2009, 23:11
All sorted...........

The activation site was very very slow but it was early evening....

Sitting here with the laptop and loads of flashing lights on the Modem & Router so all is good (so far)!!!