PDA

View Full Version : New Virgin Customer - Broadband Speeds, Ethics and Gaming

franco.llb
18-10-2009, 16:35
Hello there,

I have come to this forum asking for help, I am on a DSL line less then a mile to my phone exchange service. When I first signed up for Virgin I was told I could achieve broadband speeds of up to 8mb, since I'm on a phone line I thought this was good. After Virgin activated my phone service, they have capped me to 4.5mb and put me on the XL package (most expensive one), I don't know why?

After taking 2 weeks more to install then promise, the day finally came, I had broadband installed by virgin and could throw my crappy 3 mobile broadband stick away!

So I loaded my favourite games on the PC and my PS3, on my PS3 I can't even play anything, my ping is so bad it won't let me join any games before it times out.

I pinged guildwars, Call of Duty, WoW, Half Life 2 servers, some of them all packets were lost so I didn't even bother to do a tracert, I then called Technical Support which literally told me there is nothing they can do.

With SKY my pings were as low as 10-30ms in most games, I'n just wondering, is there anything I can do or should I exercise the right that the Financial Service Act 2004 gives me and just cancel my broadband contract and go for someone like BE or 02 before my cooling off period finishes?

Thanks for the help,
Franco

Mick Fisher
18-10-2009, 17:08
Hello there,

With SKY my pings were as low as 10-30ms in most games, I'n just wondering, is there anything I can do or should I exercise the right that the Financial Service Act 2004 gives me and just cancel my broadband contract and go for someone like BE or 02 before my cooling off period finishes?

Thanks for the help,
Franco
Yes.