PDA

View Full Version : WGR614v9 Steam Server List Issues

idontpirate
17-10-2009, 19:30
Hey, i have narrowed my problems down to my router for sure. Its easily fixed by removing the router from the network and connecting directly to the modem, but i have 4 people who are using the net in the house 24/7. So this isn't an option.

Whenever i load my server list up in a steam game or just the normal steam list via the program, i get about 60-800 servers depending on how nice its being today, and even then i can connect to only 5 of them or so.

Reducing the MTU, disabling wireless. Everything i have tried. Im willing to go as far as buying a new router, but with my financial situation atm i could do with just fixing this. Im guessing the routers just stuggling under the load from loading tens of thousands of servers at once.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

TimIgoe
17-10-2009, 20:09
I believe its teh routers internal 'flood detection' not liking it - I have the same issue with the v7, not noticed it on other Netgear routers tho :(

idontpirate
17-10-2009, 20:18
I believe its teh routers internal 'flood detection' not liking it - I have the same issue with the v7, not noticed it on other Netgear routers tho :(

This is retarded, theres like 500 other options to block any floods in the router settings but they have an internal one that you cannot disable. Then i dont even see the point in the others because even if you needed to turn them off you are getting nowere like i am at the moment..

TimIgoe
17-10-2009, 20:26
I believe the 'disable SPI firewall' option helped me the most with it getting a more useful response via steam.

Other games don't have the issue when building a server list, its somethiing with how Valve do it in combination with the routers software.

idontpirate
17-10-2009, 20:31
Ive disabled every firewall going including SPI in the router, and you can slow down the game list download but even that dosen't help i still get 800 servers. Im starting to wonder wether or not it is the flood detection thats causing it or just a crap router.