PDA

View Full Version : KT14 Area fault?

hypakuz
17-10-2009, 16:47
This has gotta be the 20th time iv'e had to call somebody out due to dodgy internet, christ iv'e only had 50MB since june its plain ridiculous surely its not ment to have a problem wich seems like every week.

They say the modems fine, signal levels etc & then they replaced some wire in the groundtuesday just gone & now its just gone to pot again.

For your ammusement, 56K baby!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/10/44.png

So is there maybe a problem with the UBR? cause its not just me with this problem, a number of other people have it aswell.

Upstream Power Level - 53.75 (This is also fine as it should be low to mid 50's)
Downstream Power Levels - 2.61 - 1.65 - 1.01 - 1.30 (This is fine as its supposed to be very close to 0)
Rxmer - Stable levels in the mid 30's

hypakuz
20-10-2009, 15:34
Wasn't an area fault in the end, Senior tech just came out and basicly said wire from green box to my house has deteriorated and that they cant get a replacement out till 17th november. Why on earth does it take a month to replace a wire. below poor service & has completely screwed me for a month.

bomber_g
20-10-2009, 16:07
they probably need to close part of road or something to do a re-pull - getting planning permission can take ages.

at least you know what the problem is and it's going to be fixed =D

hypakuz
20-10-2009, 18:02
they probably need to close part of road or something to do a re-pull - getting planning permission can take ages.

at least you know what the problem is and it's going to be fixed =D probaly just end up leaving to be honest, i can't go a month without internet.

bomber_g
23-10-2009, 11:38
probaly just end up leaving to be honest, i can't go a month without internet.

fair enough - that's how a competitive market works =D

Quiet_news
23-10-2009, 12:02
Its a two man repull that's required and as I understand it with all the new 50mb customers there is a lot of cabling that needs fixing ..

Can you not just drop to 20mb for a month .. I know its not a fix and I'm not suggesting its acceptable but its a work around.