PDA

View Full Version : Installation on a Sunday?

Karl8472
17-10-2009, 16:12
Just thought I'd ask this question as I wasn't sure about the validity of the answer I was given.

We recently booked an upgrade to the VIP package from our existing packages, which we were told would be completed today by an engineer who would come around and both sort out the V+ Box installation and the upgrade of the broadband from the current 10MB to 20MB, and that he'd be here today between 8am and 1pm. We waited in all morning for him, and after 1:10 we decided to call Virgin up to see where he was.

We were then told that he hadn't actually been booked in for today, but tomorrow (which as you are probably aware, is a Sunday) between 8 and 1....so I'm basically asking, has anyone here had any experience of an installation or ANY sort of Virgin engineer coming out on a Sunday? Just so I know whether I should put much stock in what the call centre rep told us? :D

Nedkelly
17-10-2009, 16:59
Yes they do work on Sundays if the work load for that area is high and so they can reach targets :)

JayJay
19-10-2009, 19:43
We do indeed work Sundays.... :(

Karl8472
19-10-2009, 20:15
As I found out when the nice person came and connected up my V+ Box on Sunday morning. Meant to come back earlier but I've been a little busy. Thanks for the replies though :D